Come back to D3 and all my heroes have gone

Hi,

Came back to D3, and found that all my heroes have disappeared. I have already checked regional settings (I was playing in US) and confirmed with other regions but no luck.

I am not sure what to do now, since I really would rather not start again :frowning:

In which case, are you definitely logging into Battlenet / Diablo III with the right account?

Yeah - I only have one account, and on it is D2, StarCraft 2, and my overwatch account. All of them are on the same account :frowning:

Question : At the main menu of Diablo III, click on Switch Hero ā€¦ how many hero slots do you have in total (ie, used & remaining) ?

Hey there,

It looks like the level 70, 15, and 4 are on this account but in Asia region. Switching to that region should populate the character list. I donā€™t see any records of characters in Americas other than the level 1 thatā€™s newly created.

Hope the info helps. Cheers!

1 Like

@Boubou
It is telling me I have the whole amount - they are all empty :frowning: 13 (I think it stated)

@Kaldraydis
That is really strange because the people I play with are in the states, so I am pretty sure they were in America and not Asiaā€¦ but at least I know where they are now, so I can find them and seeā€¦ but I did go to Asia, but it wasnā€™t allowing me to log in.

When I try to log into Asia I get ā€œThere was a problem logging into Diablo III. Code 300016ā€ when it tries to get my Hero List, which is why I believed I hadnā€™t been playing there.

And in fact I just confirmed with my friends, and they certainly have confirmed we used to play on America.

By the way, America I can log into without issue.

Good (sort of)ā€¦ it doesnā€™t say 4 ! that confirms you have an active license on that account.
I wish I could see your web profile, but itā€™s not up yet. Letā€™s worry about Asia later.

Letā€™s assume for now that someone got into your D3 account and deleted all the heroes on Americas. But that does not delete your play history. Log into Americas and bring up your profile by clicking on the portrait under your hero on the main screen. Mine looks like this:

In addition to showing a bunch of statistics on your account, it also shows which classes youā€™ve played ā€“ I have not played the Necromancer. Also, if you mouse over each of these class names, it will show the amount of time you have played with each class.

You can also check whether there is a hero that could be undeletedā€¦ From the main screen, click on Switch Hero and see if there is a ā€œundoā€ arrow to the left of the Delete buttonā€¦ as in this screenshot:

If it exists, the button with the arrow is the ā€œRestore Heroā€ (aka undelete) buttonā€¦ it allows you to undelete the last hero that was deleted on your account. If you click it, it will ask to confirm that you want to restore the deleted hero and it will give you its name.

By nowā€¦ you should have enough details to convince you whether this is the right account or not.

There is a self-service feature called Account Rollback available for Diablo III; it was designed to help account owners to recover from their account getting hacked. There is some info here:

You are only entitled to 3 rollbacks for the life of your Diablo III account; if you click on the Request Rollback button on that support article, it will confirm how many rollbacks you still have available. If you are sure that you are on the right account, you can click on the Continue button to initiate the process. Iā€™ve never gone through it myself, so I cannot tell you what the next steps are. I assume that it will ask to confirm which region you want to rollback ā€“ account rollback only rolls back one region at a time. I also assume that it will give you some sort of a list of the various rollback dates that are available. It may provide some details (such as hero names) on each of these rollback dates. More than that, I do not know. Use this feature with careā€¦ the rollback cannot be undone. Also, if you have dead HC heroes, the rollback process will not revive themā€¦ they will show up as dead. Also, the rollback will remove the hero(es) you have created recentlyā€¦ as well as any loot you may have gotten.

You can also request help from Blizzard Support here:
https://us.battle.net/support/en/help/product/services/316/322/solution
Click on the Contact Us button to start a web ticketā€¦ and provide details of what you need help with ā€“ Blizzard may be able to tell you when you last connected to your account (aside from the recent connections).

If Kaldraydis or another CS person comes back here, they may be able to provide some more info.

Best of luck with this.

3 Likes

Thank you Baubou, all the data on America is missing.

The funny thing is I have evidence from my friends in US that I played with them on the America server, since the characters they played are on those servers.

I have since been able to log into Asia, and it appears all my data is there.

So, I am not certain, but I thought there was no way to play with people on other regions to yourself.

Either way, since I am now on Asia server, and can continue my game play, I am okay - I wanted to play the game solo from now and complete the campaign (since I was mostly just playing with them when I started).

So, I am happy that I donā€™t have to start again.

It appears I will just have to start a new character on America if I ever go back to multiplayer stuff on there.

Thanks for you for all the great information you shared - that certainly should be pinned :smiley:

2 Likes

I also thought that you could not play with people across regionsā€¦ that each region is totally separate from the others. So unless your friends have heroes on Asia, you couldnā€™t have played with them on Asia.

BTW, your wizard DawnCP finally showed upā€¦ on Asia.

If you play your other heroes on Asia, they should also show up.

Best of luck in your games !

Yeah so that is the thing - If I had been playing on Asia to start with, wouldnā€™t they have already been showing upā€¦ They didnā€™t.

I am starting to feel that I got moved, which basically is stating that Blizzard have decided to move certain people who are inactive to locations which are not as full (for example I am in New Zealand, so probably the default is Asia)

I am not convinced, but it is strange. And no, they donā€™t have Asia characters.

Either way - at least I can start the solo campaign again with my good character :smiley:

Again thank you for your help Boubou

1 Like

Hi:

I donā€™t know either how to solve that riddle.

Youā€™re very welcomeā€¦ Best of luck in your games.

Hey there,

No one at Blizzard can actually move characters between game servers like Americas, Europe, and Asia. System limitations prevents such actions.

If youā€™re sure the characters were on an Americas account for Diablo 3 it would had to have been a different account. My advice would be to submit a ticket with any purchase information, emails, or similar that may help locate the other account. The reason for the ticket is because we cannot allow personal information to be posted in any public forum.

Hope the info helps. Cheers!

1 Like

i paid for a pack and when i had to get a new computer my heros i bought were not there

u want to talk with support ppl,
not with forum guyā€™s.