CoE vs Stone of Jordan

Hey everyone had a question which I’m not understanding. Why does almost every build I see have a Convention of the Elements instead of a Stone of Jordan? For example, if I’m running a build where frost hydra is the main dps spell, wouldn’t a stone of Jordan with +20% cold damage and damage to Elites be better than a +200% cold damage every 12 seconds? Stone of Jordan would be more consistent with an elite damage bonus. Maybe I’m missing something or not understanding something. Wizards please help! Haha

CoE requires a different tactic. For 12 seconds, when you have no bonus from it, you assemble mobs into a crowd, and then you wipe them during the active cycle, when your damage is tripled.

The longer you spend in the map the more effective COE becomes, so an easy logical way to look at it is SOJ better for speeds, COE better for push

2 Likes

No really i just prove that to my self finally in season 26 , i was like you as well , but constant rise of damage and not loosing second here second there on CoE , its actually make SoJ much more valuable specially on Monk Ally or Wiz firebirds , its crazy but swapping just a ring even tho you lose 5 criy chance on SoJ and boosting 30% to elit comine with 45 % damage from Aughild it make massive difference , number crunching yeah i was thinking the same , but playing it and seen it ,it actually prove me wrong , i hope iot will open your eyes as well :smiley: