[Classic] The Shared Stash

Weird they haven’t let us test classic yet. Hopefully they’re adding QoL to classic or something.

5 Likes

We can certainly hope!

1 Like

How were you able to play Classic on the beta? I was not allowed to make a Classic character :frowning:

A few tweaks, I won’t post public a how-to as I don’t want to upset Blizzard.

add the shared stash you d2 noobs VV

2 Likes

I see. So all of those listed QoL updates were present, but the shared stash was not?

Also, what is the significance of the client-based restriction vs. server based?

1 Like

That’s correct, as far as I can tell this is the only missing feature.

The difference between server and client is that if restrictions are made only on the client a player can easily bypass them. In this case, quite easily with no coding or programming knowledge required.

If the restrictions were made on the server there is nothing the end user can do without resorting to traditional hacking methods which would very quickly result in a ban.

Yeah i would have loved to test classic too, i don’t see a reason why they forbid that.
On the other hand a1,a2 norm aren’t that far away from classic haha

Sadly, I cannot see a change being implemented that reduces the incentive to buy an upgrade. Such is the reality of buying products from a business operating for profit.

Do you guys play your non-LoD version game by buying and installing LoD then ticking “non expansion” at creation? Or do you install only D2 and not LoD and proceed from there?

I wonder if this makes a difference in how the D2R experience will be for you?

If you are doing the latter option, my guess is the producers see you as a potential sale being missed.

PS: I’m not using terms like classic/Vanilla/Pure as that is already being manipulated in a deliberate attempt to hi-jack this thread.

99.9% of classic players install LoD as well for the higher resolution.

They won’t lose out on sales because D2R isn’t sold separately, you can’t buy it without LoD.

Would love to hear any updates on this from a blue post! Keeping the fingers crossed :slight_smile:

Edit: Also if the 20 character limit holds true for release non LoD players are going to have a really really rough time

3 Likes

Ok, thanks for fixing, I didnt know it was all bundled now. Anyway I really hope they change their stance on this for you guys it’s almost like penalising you for ticking a box.

2 Likes

sure, we classic player want the big and chars stash
why we shouldnt get that?^^
so blizz, do it then :]

3 Likes

That IS concerning. Hopefully everything relevant will get fixed pre-launch and controlled on the server. Thanks for explaining.

It would not decrease sales as D2R is just one game, rather than two. We uncheck the expansion box. Removing the shared stash for non expansion play may actually break gameplay if we do not have unlimited characters on our account for mules, so they will likely lose sales if they neglect to implement shared stash for non-exp.

3 Likes

This is a real consideration with the size of the stash for sure.

Back in the pre 1.10 days we had an A4 refill pad full of accounts and passwords containing classic gear. Granted it was during the infamous dupe days but we had to store them somewhere, right?!

1 Like

I could not play classic mode in the Beta - what is the difference between classic and a normal character in D2R?

Classic doesnt have expansion added content. Druid, Assin, Class Items, Runes, Jewels, it has half the normal stash size from LoD.

It doesnt have Act 5 and you dont have respecs(not 100% on this)

2 Likes

I see, so it is not classic in the sense of D2:LoD vs D2R, its classic in the sense of D2 vs D2:LoD. Thanks!

3 Likes

yes. And people like it because how different the game is without class item uniques and runewords. Offers a much different feeling experience.

2 Likes

correct apart from the respecs part.

You do have 1 x respec at each difficulty, just no tokens :slight_smile:

1 Like

ah, I wasnt sure if lack of tokesn(knew there wasnt tokens) also ment that you didnt get the free ones.