Classic Players are Upset about no Shared Stash

I suggest you play classic a little bit more…

3 Likes

Nonsense. In LoD, every character class can use teleport, battle orders, turn into a wearbear, etc.

This is like saying PoE plays the same and has the same outcome as D2 because they are both Arpgs.

Complete nonsense.

2 Likes

They can, they just don’t have to. You can choose to intentionally gimp yourself. You know this is going to be his argument. Also gameplay IS exactly the same if you nitpick. Every class regardless of classic or LoD just right/left clicks on the screen to defeat enemies :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Every computer game ever created is the exact same. Got it.

On a serious note though, no. Gameplay isn’t the same just because a mouse and keyboard is used.

1 Like

Oh man, this seems like such trolling.

You think I suggested LoD has no purpose?

Obviously some people prefer LoD or Classic. One isnt always better - it depends on preference. Like wtfbbq?

Either Prometheus is a lame troll or a nudnik clay golem - in either case, I think we’ve gotten the most we can out of these exchanges.

5 Likes

going to be honest, I am only still checking out this thread to see how far down the rabbit whole his responses are getting.

5 Likes

Spend $40 and stop complaining about a 20 year old game.

1 Like

I don’t think you understand what this thread is about.

Read it more closely. “Classic” does not mean non-D2R.

We have bought D2R, it’s why we are able to post here. This is about D2R-Classic mode, not the current servers.

4 Likes

I love how innocent you are <3

1 Like

My point exactly…

Then clearly you have not visited the official Diablo II Resurrected website (https://diablo2.blizzard.com/en-us), where Blizzard themselves use the term “Classic” to mean the non-D2R version of the game.

Unless, of course, you are visiting a different official Diablo 2 Resurrected website than the rest of use…

“A timeless classic” and “Classic gameplay” don’t mean what you think they mean, in this context.

I’m being patient with you, because as I understand it, you’re from South Africa, correct? I understand there may be some common language and cultural differences that may be at play here.

The word Classic in the context in which it is being used in this thread is very clear.

You are incorrect in your use of the term classic, in the context in which you are using it, here.

3 Likes

I am using “Classic” in the context of referring to Diablo II as a 20-year-old game. And to be clear, I include Diablo II Lord of Destruction in my definition of the term “Classic”, as does Blizzard.

And you’ve been repeatedly been told, by about a dozen users, that you’re using it incorrectly in this thread.

You’re trolling at this point, intentionally misusing terms.

3 Likes

No, I don’t think I am, But you are correct though, that language barriers may be at play here.

But regardless of whether you use the term “Classic” to mean non-LOD, or to mean the original versions of both, or if you use “Legacy”, it’s irrelevant.

What you do not seem to understand is that if D2R specific features, such as the Shared Stash, additional UI elements, etc are included in the so-called “Classic Mode” of Diablo 2 Resurrected, then it can logically no longer be called “Classic Mode”, can it?

TLDR, we are both using the term “Classic” correctly, only in different contexts…

Except that in this thread, there is only one context. In a forum, when the header of a thread is about a very specific context, it is pretty clear that context should be followed, logically. Not Classic cars, Not Classic Mario, Not Classical music.

D2Classic in D2R will still be D2Classic, even with auto gold pickup.
D2Classic in D2R will still be D2Classic, even with gamble refresh.
D2Classic in D2R would still be D2Classic, even with a shared stash.

1 Like

No, it won’t, because none of those features where IN Diablo II Classic! :man_facepalming:

Classic in the context of this thread simply means D2 without expansion.

Act4 when you kill Diablo the game has a timer and the game ends.

That will still exist in D2R, and is called Classic d2.

1 Like

Which Blizzard have themselves stated will use the “Classic” stash, as you so helpfully cited yourself a day ago:
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/d3/t/classic-players-are-upset-about-no-shared-stash/36558/46

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/d3/t/classic-the-shared-stash/27627/185

Their decision to do this, I think, was to preserve the true “Classic” nature of the pre-LOD game within D2R. Again, I’ll stand by my argument of including ANY of the D2R specific features will render “Classic Mode” as no longer being true to the Classic game.

They’ll have auto gold pickup, and gamble refresh, almost assuredly, as well as any number of at least a dozen or so changes, needed for the new Battle.net.

It’s still ClassicD2, and it should have a shared stash.

2 Likes

LMFAO this kid has been overtly trolling the entire time, it’s also obvious that there is no language barrier here.

It’s not irrelevant because “Classic” in reference to gameplay modes in Diablo II has a very specific meaning which has been explained to you ad nauseum. If you would’ve used the word “Legacy” instead of “Classic” your posts wouldn’t be quite the same order of magnitude wrong. You’ll never do that of course because you’re purposefully trolling.

Only by your :clown_face: logic. Actual logic followed by the entire player base would still call it “Classic Mode”. BTW it is getting additional UI elements, improved graphics, bnet2.0 servers, etc. It’s not as if “Classic Mode” stopped being “Classic Mode” when it was altered with the post-LOD patches.

Just thought I would jump back into the :clown_face: car of people responding to an obvious troll whose got nothing more than a weak semantics game with a side of “but I don’t care anyways because I won’t play it”.

6 Likes