Classic Players are Upset about no Shared Stash

In my opinion, non-LoD should get a shared stash for the sole purpose of making the muling process less risky.

Both LoD and non-LoD players used the time interval of the game staying up after everyone leaves to self-mule. The question remains to be seen: Does the game still stay running for a few minutes server side after everyone leaves? Regardless if it does or not, why punish non-LoD players?

4 Likes

Actually, I’ve muled alot, but also only because of the limited stash sizes. In fairness, I’ve never run into the “dangerous” aspect of muling, because I’ve always only ever played with people whom I trusted to not get underhanded with my stuff or to not end games before I get a change to pick stuff up that I wanted to keep…

Point conceded… :laughing:

You’ve never lost connection while transferring items? Consider yourself lucky lol. There’s honestly no valid reason for them to make regular D2R transfer that way, it doesn’t add anything to actual gameplay.

1 Like

This is where you’re misunderstanding. The shared stash is a D2R feature, not an LoD feature.

You’re essentially saying the shared stash is an expansion pack feature. But the shared stash was never in the LoD expansion pack. It is being introduced for the first time with D2R. D2R is introducing new graphics, better network, autogold, an in-depth stats page, and other qol - Classic is getting all of these (I think it’s getting the stats page, it should). Why would it not receive the shared stash? Diablo 2 never had a shared stash before. This is a new feature for LoD as well.

You seem to think Classic means no new features. But Classic is getting D2R qol features. Leaving the shared stash out of Classic accomplishes nothing other than forcing characters to mule, which is the entire reason it was introduced into D2R LoD. It was never in LoD before. There’s no reason it can’t be added to Classic too. It is a D2R feature, not an LoD feature.

For a deity who brightened the minds of mankind, things are looking dim, Prometheus…

3 Likes

Please note that I keep referring to D2R-LOD features, not D2-LOD features…

They’re not yet D2R-LOD features. That’s kind of the point. The game hasn’t released yet.

1 Like

We’ll see in the August BETA. It likely not much much other than bugs will change after that…

Possible. It’s Blizzard, so I won’t be surprised if they turn another launch into a turd.

It’s kinda what they do. Release a turd, then spend years trying to polish that turd.

We’ll see.

2 Likes

You get what you expect. If you go into this expecting a turd, that is precisely what you’ll get because you expect nothing else.

I have yet to personally experience a Blizzard release that I have not enjoyed.

Also, there is not a single software company in the world, games or otherwise, that does not release patches and updates to their initial release products over a period of several years. So blistering on Blizzard on doing just that is not entirely fair, is it?

Incorrect. I expected great things from D3 and WC3R at release, and those games were objective turds at launch.

Man, you must really not’ve played those two games at launch, or your standards are very low.

Blizzard themselves have openly commented on the launch failures of both WC3R, and D3.

I wouldn’t consider it blistering, more trying to steer them in the right direction.

By the way, every change I argued for on the D3 forums before launch have now been implemented. Some of them took months, some of them years, and the game is better for it.

I was right then, and I am right now. Classic will be better with the shared stash. A vast majority of Classic players want it, and it is absolutely asinine to go against that level of consensus from the player base.

Actually, I have, and still have the original CDs / DVDs to backup that claim, other than WC3R, which I never played. I last played Warcraft 3 way back when, with the original release in 2003.

I’ve never said that I do not want the shared stash. I have at least tried to maintain that expecting to play “Classic Diablo II” (no LOD) within D2R while still expecting the additional features and facilities of D2R itself into the mix will render it no longer playing “Classic Diablo II”.

It sort of like “The Darkening Of Tristram” event we get every January in D3, which is intended to emulate, using the D3 engine, as closely as possible. While enjoyable, it falls horribly short of being a true representation of D1.

The same I think will hold true to a “Diablo II Classic Mode” within Diablo II Resurrected. The only way that it can truly be a representation of Diablo II Classic is if all the features and functions (Shared Stash, expanded UI, etc) are not a part of said hypothetical “Diablo II Classic Mode”. As it is, the graphics engine has changed. Controller support has been added. The Stash size has been increased.

It is therefore entirely irrelevant really, what either of us think of what represents “Classic Diablo II” in the context of Diablo II Resurrected. Because It will not BE Diablo II Classic, shared stash or not. There are already too many other changes that ensure that.

I, for one, don’t really care either way. I paid close to R800 to get Diablo II Resurrected, and I intend to play it with all it’s included bells and whistles. Why else would I have spent that money? Because I want something new…

I think D3 on release was much better than current one. So, it is very bad argument, it works against you.

1 Like

Pay to win Auction house and very boring items with very boring stats wasn’t very good.

Every build needed a Mempo, the itemization sucked, and the auction house made it way worse.

I agree with you there were parts of the first year that would be better than current D3, If there was no auction house.

I don’t think the argument works against me at all.

Me too. That’s why this failure on their part is so glaring. They need to rectify it asap.

1 Like

That, at least, is something we can agree upon. The Auction House was the worst thing ever, and nearly killed the entire franchise!

What I remember about D3 are a few things:

• Not being able to log in at all for a day or two after release because the servers simply didn’t work.
  • Having a PvP arena with leaderboards and prizes showcased at the previous Blizzcon, and the product contained no way to PvP at all in any form
  • Being promised Inferno Mode which would require months of grinding to complete, and finishing it in well under a week
  • An auction house which functioned on your operating systems clock such that you could change your time settings and manipulate the status of your auction items
  • Eventually, the RMAH appeared and I sold a few absolute trash items for over the cost of the game itself only because that is the suggested price the system gave me and then quit.

Maybe it got better, I don’t know and I don’t care, dropped that hot garbage and never looked back.

I see this obvious troll still has you guys going.

3 Likes

D3 proved that AH is a terrible thing (so, I very surprized by some topics here, where people request it for D2R) and itemization was worse than in D2.
But items were not boring. There were uniques. There were good rares.
Also there was nice difficulty system.
After that they invented loot 2.0 and difficulty slider. And it turned D3 into a mobile game with billions and billions and billions dmg.

Do you remember all whines about classic stash size on LoD release? And devs were confident: stash in classic should remain small. And there are still plenty of people play classic. Nobody stops playing because of unchanged stash size.
And here we go again…
Also I don’t understand people trying to convince other that muling does not affect gameplay/economy and everybody have to mule. It is not true. I don’t like muling and I rather sell item to Akara, sell to another player at low price or leave it on the ground than go mule. I move to stash only the most valuable items. And mule very seldom, especially in classic.

With shared stash many crappy (but fun) items (such as atma’s wall) become free. It is not good, but we have to live with that now. And I very happy they decided to preserve old-fashioned stash for classic.

That’s not at all how that works. User expectation does not dictate content experience.

2 Likes

I would leave him alone, he’s in his own little self-percieved mystical philosophical world :rofl:

I think he just dug himself into a hole and realized how stupid he sounds and doesn’t want to backpedel, so now he’s lying to himself trying to feel good about what he’s said.

3 Likes

I mean I just don’t get why you keep commenting trying to justify why classic players can’t have a shared stash when you don’t even plan on playing classic D2R… Giving them a shared stash isn’t going to make it not be “classic gameplay.”

1 Like