Clan leader inactive for 54 days

Hello! I am an officer of the clan iNoob and we are currently experiencing issues with inactive players. Before our clan leader went inactive, they changed the permissions of the officers to not be able to remove players from the clan. We would like to remove all of the players who have been inactive for more than a few months in order to make room for new and active members. We are currently full with 150 members but more than half are inactive accounts.

I have already submitted a ticket about this last week and it took 2 days to get a response only for that response to say

“There is no way in Diablo III to replace an inactive clan leader. If you are not able to get in touch with your clan leader to have them make necessary changes, you will not be able to do so. A workaround would be to have your clan members leave the guild with the inactive leader and form again under a new name. Customer Support does not assist with clan leadership issues.”

I can understand that they wouldn’t want to interfere in the case of a few toxic members being mad at the leader and making things up to overthrow them however in this case we have around 50-60 players who are active throughout the week and making a new clan and reinviting all of those players would be extremely complicated. No one in the clan knows the leader irl or has any way of contacting them and we have tried to send them bnet friend requests however they are not accepting any of them. We do not have a discord server and the clan reddit has been completely dry for 2 years as well.

Is there really nothing we can do except create a new clan and go through the trouble of trying to reinvite 50-60 people?!?

It is surprising that a game with clans doesn’t have an automated process whereby an inactive clan leader (e.g. offline for 60 days) doesn’t cause an auto-promotion of the next highest ranked officer that’s been active to become the new leader but as they didn’t you’re left with exactly what the GM told you, i.e. create a new clan and invite the active players into it.

If you have permissions as an officer to change the clan “message of the day” change it to let people know to leave the old guild and to ask you for an invite to the new one.

I am afraid that is the only solution. CS really can’t get involved. They did not give them the tools to do it.

You can make a Community version of your Clan though which anyone can join without leaving the current Clan. YOu can be in one Clan but many Communities.

Use that Community to communicate the New Clan info. Using the Clan message of the day is also helpful