Cinematics ran awfully, and other hiccups

Did the cinematics run badly for anyone else? Very choppy and laggy looking and almost slowing down to screeching halts at some points. Particular when Marius was walking out of the tavern as it was burning.

Also in game has some FPS drops and lag spikes or something…

Specs:
RTX 2070
i5-9600K
16GB DDR4
2560x1440p

Windows 10 running game on Full Screen.

Really hope these issues get fixed. Kind of think the game needs a push backed release date.

1 Like

No problems in game but yeah…stuttery cinematics + always on captions made us skip them every time.

I had this issue on xbox one, the characters mouths would move before you heard their voices. That was durng closed beta, I honestly didn’t try watching them during open beta. It was choppy as well, even when loading the game up the icon loaded up choppy. Also some audio chops from music being played while transferring from act to act.

I realized my game wasn’t installed on my SSD. Was yours?

I didn’t install it with a SSD, so no. Should that really be required though for it not to be choppy?

Of course not, but just checking.

I only watched the second cinematic and I did not notive it was choppy.

Tried it on 2 PCs running W10.
i5 6600k 1080ti + installed on sata ssd, i7 8700k 3090 + installed on M2 NVMe drive.
Was choppy on both exactly the same way (In comparison with youtube version).

No big deal really. I wouldn’t watch it more than once anyway but I would prefer seeing it ingame than on youtube.

It ran perfectly on my PS5 and my 2nd computer that is rocking an AMD 8350, and a 980ti, and a 980 SSD.