Chris's speed build

Below is my “mid tier” speed build which I consider optimal for rend in the 4-6 minute range.
I am only missing my off hand triple weapon with elite damage to complete the set. Once you start seeing times below 4 minutes consistently you can go a little higher. This is great for gem ups. If you are wanting to run faster clears it is better to switch to BK’s/CC or even the charge ww build that uses ingeom/ambos and cubes furnace.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vy8Byy_nOA

There are a lot of ways to set this build up.
For example someone could decide to run a hellfire over squirts which is fine.
Also I am 8k+ and do not need to run IP or band of might. Lower paragon players may
need to drop sprint for IP-bravato but that will require boon of bulkathos passive.
War cry rune is a personal choice impunity or vet’s warning.

Feel free to ask about any rend speed build as I have played them all.
Any pushing questions please post those in the main Guide Zodiac Rend thread.

4 Likes

I love the captain hybrids. Man, you are really zipping around there. How come you put battle rage on mouse 1?

I click it then forget it. I like having all my actions on my left hand. I could put war cry there but I use that not only for defense but in case I am low on resource.

Here’s the video in direct-click-access.

1 Like

thats cool. for wastes I have rend on mouse 1 for hard cast and WW on mouse 2.

Yep its just a personal thing. I use battle rage on mouse 1 on my push build too. Spamming rend for 15 minutes while needing to spear as well would be a bit much for me on my mouse. And I try to keep my builds as close to the same keys as possible.

I put spear on 1, then ground stomp 2. then number lock zerker, then BR on 4. I have a wierd bind to the ~ (force stop) then space bar is force move. I try and keep mine as close as possible too.

1 Like

ASK FIRST!

:triumph:

2 Likes

Here we go with what I suspect will be end of era 125 trials. 15 runs @8658 paragon playing every map. I have started running 130s just to get a feel for where I am at for my next goal of a sub 4 minute 130. Generally I am in the 7:30-9 minute range.

Best 3:31
Average 4:37
Worst 6:11

1 Like

Imagine how fast your build is going to be with soul shards ™

1 Like

I am still deciding if I want to play seasons. I am curious about essence of anguish gem. It say “your movement speed and cooldown reduction can be increased up to 15 times when you deal poison damage to an enemy” then on the second power it says “Every time you deal poison damage you increase your movement speed and cooldown reduction by 2.5% while your damage received is increased by 5% for 10 seconds. Max 10 stacks.”

The second power is straight forward as it says what you get. I am still in the dark about what the first power gives you. What does can increase up to 15 times mean?

1 Like

So you have one of your swords do poison damage. Every time it hits, you get a stack. The 15 thing is the middle bonus, it adds 5 more than the normal kind. The damage received is the detrimental squirts effect. So the 15 is cooldown stacks and movement stacks.

I was doing GR130s with 12: whatever remaining with almost no paragon using pretty much your speed build with shards

1 Like

So you get 5% movement and cooldown per stack?
so max is 45% extra?

There’s a helm shard that gives 50% more speed bonus

Haven’t thought about this very hard, but just wanted to mention that if you can reach about 78% CDR and use Boon, you no longer need to use Zodiac ring at all with Rend. With shards it might be doable. Even if you have to give up a couple damage stats on gear in order to pick up CDR, it’s probably worthwhile, since this lets you do stuff like use BoM + CoE + RoRG w/ Crimson.

This is my exact thinking. Why I want to know.

So, I think the anguish gem stacks up to a total 37.5% CDR. If, before equipping that, you had 65% sheet CDR, Anguish would get you to 78.12%. So that’s what you need.

To get to that 65% on sheet before Anguish, you need CDR from: Paragon, Diamond, Enchantress, Crimson, Shoulder, Glove, both weapons, both rings. And you need to take Boon.

1 Like

hey I know it hasnt to do with this threat but anyone knows if the testservers are closed alrdz or whz cant i get in ?

Ptr is over, closed.

aight ty very much dude

1 Like