6 premium Stash Tabs 240
Premium Quad Stash Tab 150
Currency Stash Tab 75
Essence Stash Tab 40
Map Stash Tab 150
Divination Stash Tab 50
Fragments Stash Tab 75
Unique Collection Tab 140

All stash tabs together is exactly = 1070 (little over 105$)

Now if you play PoE please show us a screenshot of your stash and than tell me that buying extra tabs isn’t pay to win…

Not too mention supporter packs with prices in 60-480$ range.
Yep no P2W at all… (sarcasm)
Next.

I admit they’re actually trying to keep players interested in their game, but in D3 Ros S18 some legendaries got new powers and crafted sets are now actually more useful than they were before.

As for the circles…

https://i.imgur.com/iWKad22.jpg

1 Like

I played PoE from some arbitrary time when the game had 3 acts(4 years ago) until Abyss league(1.5 Years ago). Ask me how many of those stashes you linked that I used until Abyss League. 0.

Yeah, you can make the argument that the game strictly speaking isn’t free to play, and that they added a LOT of new stuff to loot which puts more pressure buying stash MTX…but that’s the strongest case you’re making, and an experienced player can probably pull it off anyways without any stashes regardless. It’s 30 dollars at most on sale from the links you gave me to alleviate 90% of issues.

There’s plenty of valid criticisms you can put on PoE that doesn’t involve falsely labeling it as P2W. You calling it P2W is just silly. Stop it.

2 Likes

You’ve thrown this together ad-hoc. Nobody would buy the stash tabs in the way you have it formatted, because it doesn’t make sense. For example, you wouldn’t really buy a stash tab bundle AND the 6 premiums, because the premiums are better. And you dont need all of those, I dont think I have ANY of the bottom half of that list and I’ve been playing for years. Stuff like the unique collection tab is extremely uneccessary.

For the first 30-40 hrs, play PoE for free without spending a dime and get the full experience. Decide if you like the game first. If after that you want to continue, I’d recommend the first blood starter pack for $20. That gives you 200 points and a tab. Wait for a sale (they happen often). Spend those points on 6 premium stash tabs, and if you have points left, the currency tab. Or, just get two vanilla stash tab packs (thats 12 tabs). That will do you for a long time. Potentially 100’s of hours? Something like that.

PoE is not pay to win.

2 Likes

game is f2p and no p2w, stash tabs are only just QoL but not needed and dont give any advantage over someone who hasnt bought stash tabs, anyone who wanna tell you smth else dont know what p2w means.
That same discussion was in the poe forums and so many ppl just talk bs, its kinda sad actually that ppl think this is already p2w

1 Like

Mtx is just an iffy subject in general. You’re probably just going to lose every battle more or less talking with strangers on the internet. People just aren’t willing to accept the concept that MTX =/= P2W thanks to other black sheep in the gaming industry. MTX are sadly the best odds in this day and age of you getting consistent content(whether that be in expansion format or considerably bulky patches). There’s just a line that the devs have the really be careful with, and odds are people aren’t going to be happy with no matter what you do.

All I can say I hope is that Necro patch went to something good down the line, since it’s clearly not funding D3. Edit: Okay that sounded harsh, they’re obviously at least doing something in D3…I meant more like an expansion level though. I don’t think they needed the Necro DLC to fund new sets(feels like more of a kneejerk reaction to Blizzcon if anything).

And, btw, from the new PoE news blog:
Because we want to make sure players have the opportunity to play what they want when they want

It’s strange how they “miss” the above - classic illustration of monetization interfering with game design.

people here defending the scummy business of TencentGGG are funny, go pay for more space or to look like some pixelated power ranger. Not to mention (but I will regardless) that their client is poorly optimized. :joy:

if anything diablo dev’s needs to take notes from poe is how to maintain players in the game but not with RNG within RNG mechanics like poe.

I’m not defending anything, their prices are overpriced(most we can debate is WHY they’re overpriced)… but if people are going to attack GGG then I’d rather it be accurate. Most people bashing the game don’t sound like they play or took any steps to understand why they think “GGG is bad” at all. Just regurgitating general stereotypes to troll/misinform people.

I can give you a laundry list of problems in PoE. Very few of them are actually being brought up in this thread. I’d rather both Blizzard fanboys, and PoE fanboys both be a little less ignorant.

Oh, you might regret saying that in a few years if/when D4 starts doing the same.

True.

and I’m sure they will…but this is might be an issue of company vs company. GGG has one franchise, Blizzard has many. I want D4 to have continual content(and I agree I don’t necessarily want it to be RNG on RNG on RNG like PoE). At the end of the day though, Diablo isn’t their only franchise so I have no clue if they want to commit to D4 nearly as much as GGG does to PoE. That’s why I EXPECT them to just add content via expansions(every 2 years instead of once every 3 months), and as long as public perception of D4 is positive they will keep pumping out expansions to make money.

at least we have the option to buy stuff while blizz…does basically nothing and sh** on the players :smiley:

1 Like

[quote=“LastLaugh-1841, post:71, topic:1996, full:true”]Not to mention (but I will regardless) that their client is poorly optimized. :joy:
[/quote]

speaking of that i hope D4 in whatever form uses more than the single core D3 does, still baffles me that a game came out in 2012 that uses only A core especially as mainstream 4 core parts had been out for over 3 years and dual core had been a thing for a lot longer.

I’m playing Poe since 2015. I have 4 accounts - that’s 16 free stash tabs, add 24 characters per account - that’s 96 inventory and each have 60 slots. You can open 2 instances of the game so you can move items between chars. Free mtx from challenges. Never payed a pence and I’m happy. About the new TD expansion? I never played meta, I just enjoy the game.

If you’re so comfortable with how poe run things, what are you doing here in their competition game? :thinking: don’t tell me because the new league is not live yet because poe is a great game according to the wilson guy in that interview.

and ubikk if you’re happy making multiple accounts for space that clearly is a sign of awful design specially in arpg or should I say path of tower defense these days? good for you if you enjoy it, I enjoy D3 here and there as well but I don’t go to path of exile forums to talk trash about path of exile.

With all this talk of Path of Exile, I decided to try it, as I was kind of bored with this season of D3.

My early thoughts are probably what everyone thinks: the characters are ugly. I don’t like that you don’t have the option of male/female of each class. The play seems slow to me compared to D3. But my biggest complaint is, I can’t loot everything because you can’t carry much stuff. I love to loot stuff, even garbage stuff, so that was very unsatisfying.

Of course, the game being free is a huge plus, but I can see myself spending money, if it means I can carry more junk on me, and not just on the stash.

Anyway, i was looking for a D3 clone, and this was the one I tried. I also hear Grim Dawn is good, but I haven’t tried it.

Great comments though, very helpful. Keep them coming!

Just as an update: I got tired of PoE pretty quickly. Luckily, Titanquest was on sale on XBOX One, so I got it for like $9 and that one is pretty fun.

i’m curious, how many hours have you put in poe and how far did you come?

Over a few days, I played about 8 hours I would say? I started two characters, once I figured out what a “season” was and what the regular game was. Not enough?