Chiltara and the lack of compassion

After killing Chiltara 19 times with no Gibbering gemstone drop i believe Bill Gates should be gibbering my gemstones.

2 Likes

Sorry I took all your luck. Got it on my 1st try this season and last season too.

Secret is to kill Chiltara and not want the gemstone to drop. Use reverse psychology.

6 Likes

That sounds crazy but I did once find it while speed farming Act III to get mats for crafting (in the pre-vision days of yore) It wasnā€™t even on my radar to look for the gemstone and it dropped. On the other hand Iā€™ve found it on the 73rd try and the 2nd try and just about everywhere in between over different seasons while farming it so random is randomly random.

1 Like

It is my favorite tin foil hat conspiracy. People have farmed dozens or hundreds of rainbow goblins and not gotten the cosmic wings. I could care less and got them on my first try.

1 Like

My advice: Is to walk up to her, but pretend to ignore her. Circle around a few times, snob your nose at her and start to leave. She will drop that gemstone to get you back. Women hate rejection. :heart_eyes:

7 Likes

Mine is when one goes to forums to complain that ABC item has not dropped after XYZ amount of time farmingā€¦ and then it drops on next play.

On that note, I still havenā€™t gotten my cosmic wingsā€¦ might do some goblin farming routes later :rofl:

3 Likes

Today I realized that I was 30+ hours into the season and had yet to see a rainbow goblin. As I was contemplating coming to the forums to complain about it, guess what popped up.

3 Likes

See!

Proven!!

Again!!!

:sunglasses:

Forum RNG Theory - General Discussion - Diablo 3 Forums (blizzard.com)

2 Likes

You know the Gem Stone will only come one cave. ā€œThe Craven of Frostā€ We have 4 accounts in the Family and two of them are running the season. Both of them got the Gem Stone with in 3 tries. It is all the other stuff been hard to get.

Attempt 28 and she finally dropped. Did at least twice as many frost caverns because not all have Chiltara in them.

2 Likes

First season we had the altar I ran cavern of frost nonstop for 5 hours before it dropped.

1 Like

I think we all did. Some farmed for more than 5 hoursā€¦   and for days. But, that was before Blizzard increased the drop rate to 20% chance.

So they supposedly increased the drop rate for gibberish stone? Seems to me every piece of the Staff of herding has just gotten harder to find. I canā€™t even get the plan from Izual and that used to be an almost guaranteed drop. So I finished the entire season and have been working hard to finish Altar but I,m stuck on the SoH. So far I have only found the 2 Act 1 parts after probably 30 or more runs. I got the bell from Squirt too, of course.
It just seemed so much easier before they increased the drop rate of the Gibberish Stone.

Yep pretend you have a quest objective that says Kill Chiltara 50 times and anything before that misses your goal!

1 Like

Technically, they NERFED the stone drop rate itself. But, they made it easier overall (approximately 50% easier) to get one as of one of the patches from 2022.

See, prior to that patch, Chiltara had a 100% chance to drop gibbering gemstone IF you found her. BUT, she had what was believed to be around a 5% chance to SPAWN, and she ONLY spawns in the Caverns of Frost, which itself had like a 30% chance to appear in Adventure mode (I think itā€™s 100% in campaign but I havenā€™t touched that mode in years so idk if thatā€™s still accurate).

So if you presume 5% on 30%, thatā€™s like a 1.5% chance per game and thatā€™s not even COUNTING the games where you get one of the two act 3 bounties that lock the map into Icefall Caves.

Now though, Chiltara has about an 80% chance to spawn whenever Frost appearsā€¦ BUT, the GEM drop rate is now approximately double of what CHILTARAā€™s pre-patch spawn rate was. So a 10% chance about 80% of the times of the 30% of the time Cavern spawns. This comes out to 2.4%.

Obviously this is napkin math since I donā€™t know EXACT spawn / drop rate data. But, basically you have ā€œroughlyā€ twice as much of a chance at getting Gem stone now.

But itā€™s still VERY rare. Just not AS rare as it used to be.

1 Like

I did a goblin run last nightā€¦ got every other gob (incl Meng gob) but not the rainbow gobā€¦ exited game and fired up C&C Remastered :rofl:

FWIW, if the Altar and Fissures were in NS, it wouldnā€™t have been so badā€¦ but I was leaving a lot of loot behind that could have been converted to mats so besides not getting a rainbow gob, I wasnā€™t getting resources. #NoAltarFeelsBad

1 Like

Chiltara

As of patch 2.4.1 it appears that she spawns a large percentage of time, but getting the gemstone to drop has a very low percentage. She usually appears right at the end of the cave, be it by the Resplendent Chest, the Teleporting Stone or in a dead end tunnel.

Patch Notes - 2.7.7

Feature Changes

• Chilltara now has a 20% drop rate of Gibbering Gemstone.
2 Likes

The Gem Stone since last season and this season is really easier to get than the other 3. The Shinbone & Mushroom are really hard to get. I have done 10 to 15 runs to get them. The rainbow bottle is about the same as those two.

Hilarious! LMAO! :rofl:
Incidentally, I had to work for that sucker on the Americas server, but it dropped on my very first Chill kill on EU server. I almost :poop: my pants!
Iā€™ve already crafted my 2nd Staff of Herding on NA servers because Iā€™m still hunting the #@$%^&* teddy bear for the @#$%^&* Rainbow portrait frame! :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :rage: