"Cheat Death" mechanics are broken

I am in a public GR110 (I have done GR111 solo). I died multiple times and wasn’t even able to catch up to the teleporting Wizards, rushing Barbs, and walk-through-all-enemies Demon Hunters.

For each (and every) death, none of my avoiding death mechanics would proc. Let’s read some of them together.

Simulacrum - Self Sacrifice: “If you die with a Simulacrum active, instead the Simulacrum is destroyed and you are FULLY HEALED.”

After the 2nd death, I watched my life pool like a hawk, saw it fall to 0, never saw it restore to full; not even close. This passive does not have a written cooldown, but assuming it has one, there was no debuff on the bottom right of the screen and both my Simulacrums were alive. Theoretically, both Simulacrums should die, allowing me to Cheat Death twice before Final Service even needs to be used.

Which brings me to Final Service. Let’s read: “When you take lethal damage, YOU ARE SUSTAINED PREVENTING ALL DAMAGE FOR 4 SECONDS. In addition, you heal for 10% of your Life per minion. This effect cannot occur more than once every 60 seconds.”

Based on the language, I should ALWAYS have 4 seconds before falling dead when this procs, and yet insta-deaths are still somehow possible. I get surrounded, my Blood Rush is on cooldown (as it always is), and I see my life pool plummet to zero in less than 1 second with my character dying. Where was my Simulacrum restore? Where was my 4 seconds of “sustained”? It bugged out.

How anyone plays this game on Hardcore is beyond my reasoning.