Charm Inventory

You jumped onto the one part

Charms weren’t always there but a charm inventory was never added in the decades afterwards.

I am okay with stash tab and gold pickup, dunno why that’s all in there and has no effect on swinging a sword or casting a spell like a whole inventory of charms but okay guess we don’t really want to debate charms :slight_smile:

How do charms have an effect on swinging a sword or casting a spell? Unless you’re talking plain damage numbers from a few extra charms.

Ya weird eh, the only thing charms do mostly :slight_smile: besides MF.

So you’re worried that 2 extra gcs are going to drastically change the game then or give someone a few more hps or mf? (I’m saying two because most people fill their inventory or leave 8x squares open). Btw, I would have liked having charms only enabled in like half of your inventory also, but I feel like people would hate that idea and say it limits them.

1 Like

Think of it this way, you have a fresh character, you can now load a 8x10 inventory full of small fire charms or some low level charm giving 1-2 dmg, you now do 80-160dmg off the hop without sacrificing inventory. Could you pile on charms before? sure, but you wouldn’t be picking up many items and would need to decide if you want to barrel through things or be able to actually pick up thing.

Do you now limit the charm inventory based on level or some other way to keep people from just loading freshies right away, do they care, does it matter, I dunno. I just see that as a bad work around to decision making, but I went down the rabbit hole again.

I would rather a 4x4 inventory. But the charms would ONLY work in that inventory.

1 Like

I mean people could still do that and only save like 8 spots still. Yes, they are limited to how much you can pickup, but if you already have a higher level alt that gave you those charms, you probably aren’t too worried about picking up low level items anyways. The shared stash made it even easier to xfer those charms over too. I wouldn’t mind them locking a charm inventory behind a certain level or completion of the hell Baal quest or something though.

2 Likes

That would be ideal, but a ton of people are going to be against that because now they’re missing out on more than half of the charms they used to have. I don’t really like that charms are in the game though tbh. I think Last Epoch is doing it right, they have a dedicated inventory for their version of charms that is about the size you suggested.

Lots of people were against the 1.10 patch.

What Blizzard does will be ultimately up to them.

True. We’ll see what they decide to do. I’m fine either way, but I’d prefer some kind of a charm inventory.

Me too. A charm inventory would be easier to balance.
Especially, if they ever decide to add more content later.

4 Likes

Ya I’m not against the charm inventory, it makes sense to do some kind of rework since you need 3 charms for sure, anni, gheeds, hellfire, but maybe something like limiting someone in norm to 2x4, nm 4x4 and hell 4x6 area in your inventory where they are activatable or a charm bag that grows in size overtime. Giving 8x10 charms + 8x10 normal inventory seems extreme over correction to me.

Not going to say I’m not a little bitter about that patch. Oh well.

Good reason not to change too much imo, options are fine tho if they don’t affect others.

Then people may fill their inventory with MF charms to switch before bosses, or with different skillers types to handle situations, or with an insane quantity of potions, or maybe they will pick more stuff/gems/runes than they would have done before (especially if you also add the stacked gems “QoL”), etc…

Who really knows how this kind of change will impact the game experience ?
In a good way ? Maybe… or not.

I mean this already exists in PD2 and PoD so. We kind of know how it plays out. Nothing game breaking.

3 Likes

PoD is pretty game breaking in itself, it’s not really a wonder you don’t feel this change would be either.

D2 and PoD are as different as WC3 and Dota.

1 Like

How so, the end game mapping system or what? Judging from the 200+ likes, a lot of people want a charm inventory.

2 Likes

Oh I’m not arguing whether it’s popular, I’m just saying if you have enough changes, it becomes a different game.

If you start telling a D2 player that you, too, enjoy D2 and they look at you funny when you start talking about endgame maps and corruption, don’t be surprised, it’s not D2.

I actually don’t like the mapping in there too much tbh. They’re too long for my taste haha. Corruption is nice, but I think D2 is fine without it.

1 Like

Kinda how I feel about a charm inv. It’s nice, but d2 can go without it

2 Likes