Character expiration should still exist

Yeah I want to be able to just quit for a year if I want, getting rid of character expiry is great, especially since my friends and family are casual players.

Imagine I lend my friends griefs, infinity, etc. And they accidentally take a few months off?

No thanks.

3 Likes

I doubt the expiration situation removed enough from the economy to actually impact it.

The truth is the economy broke relatively early in D2’s lifespan so no clue on how much it actually impacted the overall economy as the SoJ economy started pretty early

Twice.

Both times for a grand total, combined (in case you’re unsure what that means), of 1 hour so about 30 minutes each time… just enough to make a character and give the game a go.

I could not enjoy the slowness of action nor the chunky graphics. Still, better than Diablo 1 when I started it back up.

Oh, and for giggles, I used a save game editor to hack the character to godlike levels as I simply did not care to play long enough to do it myself. It was less fun than I remembered. Maybe I have evolved.

No thanks. You can delete your chars if you want

I had 5 Legit d2 keys I purchased back in the day … Ran 2 on both desktops and 1 on the laptop… Burning IN a mule was easy for me. … Its not really needed IMO - hmm wonder if I can break out my old D2 Cds again …

or you know you can delete them yourself?

i mean whats the issue here? do u lack self control?

and charms is a different issue… charm inventory fixes an issue they made with the game when they added skillers… charms as they were implmented is a complete failure, addording it was supposed to be a thing you would add if you were stuck and when u got stroner you would take them out… they were never “supposed” to be “you stack 8 skillers” people just learned it WAY more effcient doing that… as soon as they added skillers the idea of charms working as intended was thrown out the window… outright deleting charm would be the ideal option… but thats way to big a balance change… so the next best option to not affect balance is to just add more space that charms wont work in.

to leave it as is is a terrible design…

it forces you to play in a very unfun way… severely limiting your ability to do the core thing of d2… pick up items in order to play the game effeciently.

so much so… that the reason initial choose my play fury druid and why most of my characters arnt builds that rely on charms… is because its just terrible to be forced into a decision where u are given 2 bad choices, play inefficiently… or make the game less fun

builds like “Fury” dont rely on charms for damage…

to remove this stupid rtesitriuon would not only allow people to be pick up items regardless of what they choose to play.

picking up items is too core to the gameplay. to be limited in ANY way… and charms limit in in a way that was not at all intended to be anything more than a brief temporarily power spike to overcome a hard section

Well, maybe if you suck at the game. Never needed an inventory full of skillers to clear all the way through Hell. You guys just see bonuses and think you’re handicapping yourself if you don’t fill every available slot with +1 skills.

1 Like

Nah, they’re great, this is just your opinion, one shared by some, but absolutely not shared by many others.

Pfffffft.

Naw, I find it pretty fun to mix/match charms and mess around with the inventory, gives us something fun to do during 200 chaos runs.

Isn’t it so cool! different Classes play differently, and you notice it through the “feel” of whether you want charms on that char, or not. Maybe a fury druid can pick up more, that is so cool about this game, it’s different from others! Awesome!

2 Likes

Then play ladder, you start from zero there, i dont want char expiration.

2 Likes

Theyre trying to find the next thing to complain about…

no one want char expiration xD
so no thanks

3 Likes

Why? Just… why? This is absolutely not needed. I lost my 94 druid because of this worthless mechanic.

3 Likes

My characters were deleted twice. Once when I went on a 4 month trip to Europe. I begrudgingly started from scratch again. The second time they were deleted I never played again.

This has to be the most useless, exhausting “suggestion” I have seen yet. Congrats.

What? Then just delete your characters.

1 Like

Stupid idea, delete your own chars if that’s what you want.

no, good change here…expired sucked