Character Error 316614

When trying to load a character that was created in the last season (24) on Asia server, it comes up with Error 316614 with the message: You cannot join a game with both seasonal and non-seasonal heroes.

All other characters load fine. Just the previous seasonal characters that don’t seem to transfer properly to non-season. Please help!

EDIT: Occasionally I’m able to get in, but it just goes weird from there. Sometimes I enter a phantom world where there is nothing in my stash, and none of artisans (blacksmith, jeweller, etc.) are upgraded. It’s as if I just entered a new season. And sometimes my wardrobe becomes munted, where all my jewelleries are no longer socketed within the wardrobe records.

Hi,

Click Ok , then click START GAME to try again.
Repeat if you get the error again.
You will probably have to do several repeats… I need 5 or 6 repeats usually.

Good luck !

2 Likes

Thanks.

Had the issue on the Asia Region, but not on the Europe Region.

Americas Region still has 4.5 hours until Season 24 ends.

Hi… have you seen my post on GD ?

Is your hero still seasonal ? mine is… as in Season 24… got an ethereal Grandfather 2-handed sword.

I don’t know what you’re asking.

All I was saying is that I had an issue getting in-game on the Asia Region after Season 24 ended. But, retrying a couple of times got me in, where I could stash my gear and get ready to Rebirth in Season 25.

I did the same thing with the Europe Region, but had no issues getting in-game.

Then, I went to the Americas Region. I did nothing there, because the Season hasn’t ended for the Americas Region.

Here are screenshots of my Characters (Asia and Europe are already converted to non-Season. Americas is still “Seasonal”). These screenshots were taken around 3:30 PM EST.

Asia Region:

Europe Region:

Americas Region

Hi,

Here’s a screenshot I just did :

Note that the Remorseless is a legacy primal… the power on the current one reads:
“While both Wrath of the Berserker and Call of the Ancients are active, Hammer of the Ancients deals 229% increased damage. (Barbarian Only) [200 - 250]%”

I seem to be able to log into both non-season and season 24 with that hero on Asia. When I’m in non-season, I have access to my non-season stash… including the legacy primal Remorseless. When I’m in season, I currently have 376 paragons… as my profile shows here:

and I have (mostly) an empty stash.

I guess I should be filing a separate bug report… no point playing with this hero more. Writing in English is difficult… sometimes I feel it is “writhing”… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hmm…   That’s strange. Not sure how you’re doing that. Is that Character listed twice, as Seasonal and non-Season in the Game Menu? (Rhetorical question)

Of course, you can see from my screenshots above, I had no Seasonal Characters on Asia or Europe Regions. I only had Seasonal and non-Season Characters on the Americas Region. Even now, there’s still just under 3 hours left in Season 24 on the Americas Region.

That’s a shame. For someone whose native language is not English, you write it, and seem to understand it, better than most people whose native language is English.  

I am having similar problems. Asia seems confused as to whether Season ended or not.

Hi:

It’s the same hero… I only had one seasonal hero in Season 24 on Europe.

It’s really weird… when I launch D3, sometimes the game thinks that the Season is still on. On some other times, the season has ended. I don’t control which it is – it’s kind of hard to explain.

One thing I noticed… sometimes, it will take a long time to “Retrieve the list of heroes”, so long that the CANCEL button lights up before the retrieval is complete. Those usually end up being seasonal games.

Once the game is started, if I Exit Diablo III , and re-launch the game, everything will be OK and I will be in off-season. I have no control which one I will get.

See these 3 screenshots I just did (note the time):

Note how the mail icon is present on the 19:42 picture… I haven’t claimed my end-of-season mail yet. But that icon is not there in the 19:41 and 19:47 games.

Note also the different paragons and the Journey icons on the 19:41 and 19:47 games.

The paragon allocation is also weird…
Season :

Non-Season :

I’m glad I’m not the only one :slight_smile: Did you get an ethereal weapon too while playing “Season” ?

2 Likes

Okay, I understand what you mean now. I didn’t try it multiple times. (I’ve been spending a lot of time in D2:R recently).

Asia Region seems to be borked. (At least, from what I’ve been reading about Asia Challenge Rifts).

I haven’t decided yet whether I’m going to quit playing on Asia and Europe Regions. I was thinking about just completing the Season on the Americas Region and spending the rest of my time playing D2:R.

Season 25 looks like it’s going to be pretty easy though. So, time will tell what I decide to do.

Hopefully, things will sort themselves out (with the Season end that is) within the next few days.

Good luck to all and happy hunting!

Yes I did and 3 Haedrig’s Gifts which have since disappeared.
My problems are almost exactly what you have described.

edit: I just went back to see if Season End in Americas triggered anything.
Nope. Going on 18 hours now.

1 Like

Yes, my 3 Haedrig’s gifts are gone too. Not sure when they actually vanished.
Mine are still there… I had moved them to my non-seasonal stash and forgot about them

Will take a look at this tomorrow… Take care.

1 Like

6 Dec 2021, 6:30 AM EST (8:30 PM KST)

Season 24 should have ended 27½ hrs ago but, for some of us, it’s still there. Now what ?

1 Like

I don’t know. Hopefully when the CMs get in today someone can give an update. I did pass it on, but weekend and all…

3 Likes

Thank you… I appreciate this.

2 Likes

same same.
trouble with asian server is neverending. first challenge rifts, now this.

hope devs will fix it before season start.

I wonder, will season 24 on Asia server morph magically into s25 when patch hits?

Ethereals & Soul Shards !!! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Oh pooh.  

I guess I’m one of the lucky (unlucky?) ones that didn’t have an issue with this yesterday.

(Well, I did have an issue getting in-game with my converted Seasonal Characters on Asia Region. But, it only took a couple of tries to finally make it. I had no issues getting in on the Europe Region).

Last night, around 9 PM EST (6 PM Blizzard time), I cleaned up my Americas Region Characters.

(No Ethereals & Soul Shards for me…   on any of the Regions).

But, I am ready to Rebirth in Season 25.

Very interesting that some of us have this problem in Asia and some do not.
I wonder what the difference is.