Character Dead after DDOS attack

This is completely unfair, i’ve face multiple dead because of game crashes, dc and whatsoever but today i was playing fine and got thrown to character screen during the DDOS attack and my character was fine! and now a few hours later when i’m finally able to log back on my character is dead!!!

Please blizzard report something on this because this is really frustrating… i can always get a plevel but farming the gear is not a 5 minute thing…

This is unfortunate.

Do they still have a one time account roll back? Maybe use that? You’ll lose a day or so of progression if they still do it, but it’s better than nothing.

Dead hardcored characters are not included in rollbacks…

1 Like

I have been playing HC toons for years. Dead is Dead. It’s just the same as if your ISP DC’d you in the middle of a game. No rollbacks. It’s sad, but it’s the risk you play if you play HC.

I don’t even know if administrator even read this post! but if they do I have a suggestion! why not give hardcore player a one time revival for the day as a way to try to offer a solution to death by disconnected network. However stupid or short sited it is to do such a thing as to give player a chance to give players a chance to get back their character from the dead. if the whole idea is to keep player guessing when their ISP will lose connection. Well People just do not play Diablo. there are alternative like PoE on Steam that by the way it is free and equally fun. but the middle finger Blizzard gives Diablo fans its disgraceful and inconsiderate. Just to keep fans playing and grinding away for hours. it seem that it is a big middle finger to player who spend hours building their characters just to get a bad connection the big “F” not only from their ISP but also from Blizzard. I will admit the disconnect problem sucks to degree that would make anyone not play Diablo 3 for a while. it really truly sucks!

Because then it wouldn’t be hardcore any more.

I guess you have a point. it just gets me really mad that network disconnect can get you equally kill, in the game that is. I hear blizzard bans players for using bots to protect the game from cheats, good right! but no protections from network interruption? that why it sucks.

Yes that is not good.

Do not be surprised if you get pointed to the agreement when you first created the character which says there will be no restoration that dead is dead.
Unfair in this case perhaps, but we all know that regardless of ISP, lag or disconnection, it’s a risk we took playing hardcore.
You also have to keep in mind if they do this for you, then perhaps the logic is they do it for everyone.
The only time I know of when they restored a dead character, was when Quin69 was playing at a BLIZZARD established convention and the computer he was playing on caught fire.

RIP my LoD Barb just a bit ago to server going down. Cheers Blizz!

I don’t mind the dead is dead when DCed… but this time i wasn’t DCed, their platform failed… sure it was a third party attack that cause the problem but is not my problem if blizzard fails to provide good enough security to their systems…

I’m complaining not because of dying… I’m complaining because blizzard system failed and is me who pays the consequence.

it wasn’t blizzard either but the Internet provider of blizzard… so not like they could do anything either.

Yep… The one legitimate reason i can understand for not wanting to play HC, because it doesn’t matter if it’s a DC on your end, or blizzards end, or witchcraft, or your character achieves sentience and jumps off a cliff. No matter what happened or why, if your dude dies he’s not coming back, ever. No matter what. End of story.

IMHO, if you play HC it goes with the territory.
There are good deaths, and there are bad deaths. That was a bad death.
Most of mine end up being lag related (bad deaths)

But 2 seasons ago, I was it a dog fight with a triple E pack in the woods and got trapped by wallers and arc beams. I fought like hell and after my passive popped I had 1 chance and vaulted into a tree. BOOM. I sat back and just smiled. That was a good death. That’s what we play HC for, that rush.