Changes to top 100 of solo barb era leaderboard

Those barbs with new items most likely cleared within their previous GR potential. They probably just wearing it for a change of taste. But in the end, their GR potential would most likely have remained the same, since Morticks adds no substantial DPS. I don’t know about others, but I wouldn’t be happy if I just move around within GR95 +/- a few seconds.

From your data that you linked, it looks to me that instead of the barbs using more newer items, it’s rather the other classes are using less of the newer items, which could simply mean that their existing sets are probably good enough.

1 Like

Good for them, but I still keep my ranking spot with good old Endless Walk. Last I pushed was 700 paragons ago. Wait for the stupid cast to come off my wrist, then hold my beer.

2 Likes

Here’s a direct quote from Free, one of the barb experts here, he discussed about how useful (or useless) Morticks is.

My account can’t post link yet, so I’m only able to provide a quote here. That thread is available in General Discussion, thread name: 2.6.6 and Barbs: A Measured Response

2 Likes

Top clear, 131 GR Clear for Barb. Dead only once. If people die a lot, maybe a learn to play thing.

1 Like

Unless you rely on life regen, otherwise life per hit, life per fury spent all these recovery stats require fighting. The moment you not fighting as a barb, that’s the moment you die. To me that’s another learn to play thing. The video showcased it well, that 131 clear he was fighting the whole way, even on low health.

Anyways, as you said, Free has his opinion. You certainly can have your opinion and your way of playing the game as well. But maybe just some food for thought with another quote from a recent data analysis in General Discussion. Barb needs approx 9x power increase to match the Wizards. I just don’t know how to respec with Morticks to bring me up to that power level.

3 Likes

Here are the top 10 seasonal barbs after 4 days

Rank Greater Rift Paragon Set New Items equipped
1 110 1071 I6/R4 Flavor of Time, Mortick
2 109 845 I6/R4 Flavor of Time, Mortick
3 108 1022 LoD Mortick, Flavor of Time, Echoing Fury, Stone Gauntlets, Legacy of Dreams Gem
4 106 1169 I6 Mortick
5 105 1035 Wastes-Whirlwind Flavor of Time, Mortick, Echoing Fury, Crimson Set
6 105 830 R6
7 105 763 I6 Mortick
8 104 892 LoD Mortick, Flavor of Time, Echoing Fury, Stone Gauntlets, Legacy of Dreams Gem
9 104 877 I6 Mortick
10 104 770 I6/R4 Flavor of Time, Mortick

If you look at the solo seasonal leaderboards, most classes are within a couple of grifts of each other with the exception of Wizards.

5 Likes

Did you also read the note in that same thread about barbs need to use an exploit (wall charge) to reach the higher end of the GR levels?

What’s wrong with comparing to over performing class? Don’t you wanna be an “A” student in the class?

1 Like

Do you know what “exploits” are used by other classes to achieve their higher greater rifts or bugs in their builds that prevent reaching higher rifts. My recollection is that this was gone over in detail using crusaders and monks as examples.

5 Likes

Can you list those other class exploits and GR cleared?

2 Likes

You can use the search function to see them. The ones that I recall for crusaders and monks were in response to Free’s posts.

5 Likes

Unless the overperforming classes are using exploits or bugs, otherwise I’d like to see barbs to be buffed to the same level without having to rely on funny tricks.

Since this is a Barb sub forum and we’re talking about barbs, then the other non-overperforming classes are not my concern. If they are your concern, then feel free to make your data analysis posts in their sub forum.

2 Likes

Actually, this thread was talking about what items are being incorporated into barb builds.

5 Likes

You’re the one who first brought up other class exploits, yet failed to come up with concrete data, which seems to be your strength.

2 Likes

There is the search icon (magnifying glass on the top right).

I went through top 100 positions of the era leaderboard and top 10 seasonal leaderboard to give the data in post 1.

5 Likes

I quoted wall charging in a response to Barb performance.

Well-versed or not, I already said that other classes exploits are not my concern. If you bring something up, you should prove your point.

1 Like

Everyone is tired of you, If I read this whole thread. I ain’t going to to say that your not allow of your opinion because that would be agains any rules, but If you guys want to argue things over reply of each other, give each other your cell phone can call over it, maybe email tho, more or less dangerous to escalade over the tone.

I read the forum everyday on every topic like a lot do. It’s always the same scenario in the end. Micro vs the world.

But my point is, fighting against barb, like you always do, is getting intrusive, over all threads created. Get over it. We, As barbarian community, want change of our own. Go on your own forum and pass on a nice rubric of options and opinions about your favorite class and challenge your community.

I would bet anything, that if we create a threads about who would like you to stop been invasive over all over the place with weird approach pretending you’re on our side, but not really, the result would be on majority positive for a stop.

This topic is getting out of hand and should be stopped. We can’t get good and accurate info and opinion anymore, it’s a fight of cats(Micro) vs Dogs(Community), or vis versa if you prefer :sweat_smile:

I wish no harm and I mean no offence to anyone. It’s not pleasant and bearable anymore to read each topic. It’s not fun for the community either to keep up agains so few when this Barbarian channel is suppose to be something good that we chat about.

It’s not anymore. Could a moderator put a stop to it.

Ps: I flagged my own treads so it could be moderated.

3 Likes

Agreed 100% (but keeping my email & phone# to myself). Logging out now. Keep fighting and have fun Barbs!

1 Like

I use morticks and FoT and im not a zBarb.

Mortick is good for low paragon at least for HOTA Barbs. But once you are high paragon and pushing for top HOTA ranking, Mortick is worse than Magefist and thus not an upgrade. I’m a low paragon player and used Mortick because the mitigation and healing allowed me to use all DPS skills and that gave me 1 GR (110 now).

1 Like

I need a explanation here on your reasoning.

How can you compare two items that does not equip on the same slot. To me it make no sense because you will never replace for it.

Unless you mention it if it is to be cubed. Ahhhh…

(Slowly walking backwards, head down whistling)

Les champs élyssé, la la la, sous la pluie ou à minuit… singing in the echo.

1 Like