Change start date petitions

Thank the sweet primal jesus with crit crit cool down that someone understands why I would be frustrated aswell as many others.
While I get easter would/could be better it doesn’t get the point of why we had another last minute change to something without notice

Maybe this is why we do not get many blue posts as they will be quoted forever .
things happen and change all the time get over it season starts 2nd .
If you can’t play that weekend start latter or give the season a miss
it would be nice to have quick turn around more often

Or maybe they’re doing the smart thing & avoiding threads like these which kill your IQ just by seeing the title.

4 Likes

PoE next league starts April 16th i believe so further apart the better. Few days of new D3 season before the big one on 16th.

4/2 is great. Don’t take days off before you know the date. Leggo!

3 Likes

Gosh, do you think it’s because the statement literally says that’s how they’re going to operate going forward, i.e. until they decide to change something, that’s what to expect…

The gap this time is 5 days rather than 12. This means for future inter-season gaps, we’re no longer sure if it’ll be 5 or 12 days, just like before the statement, which means they’ve also changed their mind about…

Heck, there’s also the fact that they’ve announced they’ll be making some wizard changes based on feedback about Firebird’s. That patch will be applied on Tuesday, 30th March, i.e. 3 days before S23 starts. Let’s hope nothing untoward is discovered on live because it leaves them just Wednesday / Thursday to create, test and deploy an emergency fix before the season start. That brings us back to…

Basically, they had a standing order, made an exception to it, are including a last-minute, untested change to a powerful build, and are about to deploy it a couple of days before a long holiday weekend. Are they entitled to do so? Of course, but it doesn’t seem to make a lot of sense from a risk management point of view.

2 Likes

Nope. They never said the 9th. People just assumed. And you know what happens when you assume.

5 Likes

OK Right How many times we started a season and have had problems. Just look at season 22. Just go and look at Technical Support in November.

Season down time between season days:

1-2 - 10
2-3 - 5 - No PTR
3-4 - 5
4-5 - 16
5-6 - 14
6-7 - 14
7-8 - 7
8-9 - 7 - No PTR
9-10 - 14
10-11 - 27
11-12 - 20
12-13 - 12
13-14 - 12 - No PTR
14-15 - 5 - No PTR
15-16 - 12 - No PTR
16-17 - 5
17-18 - 5
18-19 - 12
19-20 - 12
20-21 - 12
21-22 - 14
22-23 - 5

I wonder if they also use Win7 and are mad there is no support for it, despite system reqs saying you need Win10?

Windows

Minimum Requirements Recommended Specifications
Operating System Windows® 7 / Windows® 8 / Windows® 10 (latest service pack) Windows® 10 64-bit
Processor Intel® Core™ 2 Duo or AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 Intel® Core™ 2 Duo 2.4 GHz or AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 5600+ 2.8GHz
Video NVIDIA® GeForce® 8800GT or ATI Radeon™ HD 2900 XT or Intel® HD Graphics 4000 NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX™ 260 or ATI Radeon™ HD 4870 or better
Memory 2 GB RAM 4 GB RAM
Storage 25 GB available HD space
Internet Broadband Internet connection
Media DVD-ROM drive (required for retail disc versions only)
Resolution 1024X768 minimum display resolution

I know several professors of law that would gleefully argue this point with you.

1 Like

The dead horse has been beaten, we understand that since 11/2019 there has been 12 days between seasons ending and the next starting.
The question now becomes why change it this time?

My theory remains the lack of a season specific theme. This reduces the reason(s) to actually play season.
Since the patch (usually) releases the Tuesday after the end of the previous season this would (usually) result in 10 days to play a patch before the next season.
Patch 2.7 allows you to play EVERYTHING gameplay related for S23 (up to) 10 days before said season.
If the 12 day down time between seasons had remained I believe the amount of people playing S23 would be drastically reduced, especially for an extended period of time (meaning they would log in and blast to complete their season journey and quit sooner or return to NS).

Does anyone else have theories on why it was changed this time?

1 Like

If you are talking about what I put up for System Requirements that is right from Battle.net Support.

Hey was replying to zygurmeist (as it shows in the top right of his post). You’re good.

It would be nice to have it for the holiday weekend (last time they waited until right after the July 1 holiday) but only if it’s ready including a fully playable Firebirds.

This thread is hilarious. Just shows that people will complain about anything. Blizzard makes a release date, and now it’s suddenly too soon for people.

Gotta love it.

6 Likes

Philosophical Burden of Proof

When two parties are in a discussion and one makes a claim that the other disputes, the one who makes the claim typically has a burden of proof to justify or substantiate that claim especially when it challenges a perceived status quo

1 Like

The date is OK. We only want that it works :slight_smile:

Was reference to the win7 D2R thread. Keep up.

1 week is just as common as 2 weeks according to an above post. But yup. People just be complainin".

1 Like