Change start date petitions

Everyone’s circumstances are different. I’ll be off Friday but working Saturday, Sunday and Monday. Move it a week earlier or later and it would be the same. No matter when they start it some people won’t like it and others will. Just try to enjoy it as best you can.

The point about the first night excitement is well taken. It shouldn’t matter but oddly it does.

1 Like

If they really screw up they can always just delay the season start at that point.

It definitely was a surprize for me to see that S23 start date is on April 2nd, since for the past few seasons there had been a 12 days wait. But I’m actually okay with it. I understand since its a holiday weekend people might have plans but not everyone will. I’d prefer if they kept it on April 2nd.

2 Likes

If you only have negative boring comments to make in everyone’s posts, kindly make like a rathmas and disappear back into ptr

Are you going to stop blaming Blizzard for a mistake you made?

I doubt it, so I’m gonna just settle in all nice and comfy in this very public forum.

7 Likes

Which would get us back to Nev’s…

…which they’ve decided to scrap for the first time since this was posted.

1 Like

And you don’t see THIS as the root of of your problem? Really?

4 Likes

I didn’t look at the title 45 times and now I’m a complete brainiac.

Why do people continue to do this and then complain when their predictions go wrong?

3 Likes

Because if you don’t ask far enough in advance not only does it inconvenience others who might get their schedules abruptly changed for your benefit your boss is likely to say no. If Blizzard would stick to the script predicting dates, barring an emergency, would be easy.

So really your question boils down to why do people complain. Because it’s a coping mechanism for dealing with disappointment. It’s micro grieving really.

Or don’t schedule days off based on assumptions?

If Blizzard had announced a start date and then changed it, that would be reason to complain.

5 Likes

If assumptions are all you’re given you either take the chance or you don’t get to schedule days off. That isn’t a solution.

We’re still in lockdown here (family visits cancelled) and being able to play a new season D3 will be very nice way to enjoy the long weekend!

3 Likes

Or don’t schedule days off from work just to play a video game.

5 Likes

I know sometimes we don’t agree on some stuff. But this one I have to agree. It is pretty sad when a video game means more to a person than work.

It just isn’t him there are a lot of people that think this game is LIFE & DEATH!!!

2 Likes

There a lot companies that start their week on Sunday that work 7 days a week. I work for one.

The work schedule was & 12 hr days:

• 2 days on 2 days off
  • 3 days on 2 days off
  • 2 days on 3 days off

Pay days per week were was - Sun, Weds, & Thurs - Then Mon, Tues, Fri & Sat.

2nd of April is a good date.

5 Likes

It depends where you live…
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Week

While, for example, the United States, Canada, Brazil, Japan and other countries consider Sunday as the first day of the week, and while the week begins with Saturday in much of the Middle East, the international ISO 8601 standard and most of Europe has Monday as the first day of the week.

1 Like

Start date is good I think.

3 Likes

And he took the chance and got burned, that happens occasionally when you take a chance.

1 Like