Change Etch Sigil Back!

With the change to the legendary item you Blizzard have killed so many builds with the Wizard. I would like to understand who on the team agreed this would be a good idea to apply a nerf to a class on a game that’s over 15 years old with a community that is dying either going to Path of Exiles, some other game, or back to D2. This legendary alone was the only reason I still played Diablo 3 today because of the legacy of dreams gem so many builds were possible that I could create with the Wizard with etched sigil but now I can’t do any of my builds and this alone is why I will stop playing Diablo 3.

This change shows me in retrospect that I should be afraid. Since the scam with the ros on ps3 not selling it as a seperate dlc forcing people to buy the game over again for $60 the downfall on pc with the market house, or the no option for if purchased on ps3 free download for ps4. This has shown me I should be afraid for the future because of the decisions made on this make me wonder. What if Diablo 2 Resurrected, Diablo 4, & Diablo Immortal get outrageous nerfs for no reason what so ever ultimately killing a class like how they did on D3. Because of this nerf and all the other bad decisions in the past throughout the history of D3. I would rather wait 3-5 years after D2R, D4, & DI have been released just so I do not have to be disappointed and let down by these bad decisions.

I will explain some builds in minor detail that I used that have been killed because of this change imagine the rest of the pieces that could go with the builds I state.

• Legacy of Dreams + Rimeheart + Etched Sigil + Frostburn main skill arcane torrent free cast blizzard

• Legacy of Dreams Ray of Frost Sleet Storm + Black Hole Event Horizon + Rimeheart + Etched Sigil + Frost Burn + Winter Flurry + Arcane Hydra

• Legacy of Dreams + Etched Sigil + Death Wish + Disintegrate + Explosive Blast + Orb of Infinite Depth + Andariel Visage

These are small examples of builds I use that Etched Sigil was the essential piece to make it all work and I know there are many more builds that utilize this legendary item. If this was all done to nerf Tal Rasha set play this was the wrong way to go about it. What people call the Bazooka Wizard could have been changed without killing Etched Sigil this could be done by changing the Tal Rasha set reworking the benefits. Also the change to the Firebird set is a complete nerf in disguise changing the ignite to do such low damage does not make up for buffing up the 6 piece benefit. All this does is kill his survival making you have to attack more & run around less waiting for the ignite to pop them.

The Nerfculture needs to die people forget the whole point in playing video games is to have fun. Yes I know you want to keep your consumers on as long as possible on the game but the bottom line of the game is entertainment. We should not feel like we are struggling the whole way through then to get to the end and struggle the hardest of all we have accomplished with max gear, max skills only to at the final fight struggle harder then we ever have. GR Empowered was suppose to test that and then when the Legacy of Dreams was introduced it’s purpose was for people to get closer to GR150 Empowered to see the crazy builds that could be made. Now to start systematically nerfing them so it’s a struggle even with a high paragon level is futile! To kill Etched sigil is to kill the Legacy of Dreams for the Wizard only.

So again I say Blizzard please stop nerfing a old game, change Etched Sigil back, & if your going to do more seasons in the future with new mechanics keep them in the game! The universal 4th Legendary power was a cool idea should have been a permanent thing I understand why it is not but on a old game like D3 let your consumers have fun & go nuts until D2R, D4, & DI are released. This would build up hype since you would be allowing people to have some real fun!

2 Likes

Perhaps, just D3 isn’t the game for you anymore. I’ve been bored with it, and keep checking and playing a bit each season. But nothing is making me stick around.

However DSP, i have sunk like 200 hours into recently…

After playing it since release date on pc yes I am but as I said before the Wizard was the only reason I still played. Regardless of that the point is the game has gotten a serve nerf which kills the last bit of fun D3 offers. This is why I am afraid for the future because of bad decision making such as this is one of many in the history of Blizzard game changes. Look at how many threads about people being outraged by this I am not the only one who wants it back.

What is DSP I have no idea what your saying unless you mean D3 single player.