Challenge rift 357 - Americas/Europe

Both of them done on first try. Pretty easy Crusader CR’s this week.

Short explanations in each video description.

Americas:

Europe:

5 Likes

And for good measure, I’ll add Jesse Hamilton’s Asia Region Challenge Rift 357:

1 Like

Sigh… I had to stop playing my SSF HC play thru on EU. Need the CR cache for the altar but just can’t play Roland’s. I die every 20s or so, just too damn squishy.

1 Like

Just invite someone to do the CR with you.

Even as SSF you can group up in CR’s.

2 Likes

Good to know. Thanks.  

I assume you’ve tried this and your SSF Character was able to collect the Challenge Rift Cache?

1 Like

I didn’t, but I watched streamers that played SSF, and did group runs of the CR and picked up the cache afterwards.

2 Likes

A group doesn’t help if all members constantly die :grin:
Haven’t tried this week’s CR on EU. Maybe try and not go too fast and keep the buffs up as much as possible?

Also check Jesse Hamilton’s EU guide. He calls it easy.

I watch the play throughs and can’t understand how they’re alive. They run around with basically 0 health in their globe and don’t die. Not even using their defensives skills… just magically avoiding death. I only play HC and just can’t do that… I get low on health and retreat… so I’m always 20% to 30% behind on the progress bar… I just can’t throw out years of conditioning.

1 Like

If you die in the Challenge rift, nothing happens to your HC character, if you are afraid of that.

1 Like

I’m not afraid of that… it’s just I can’t stand dying period. Which changes the way I play the game… I can’t fearlessly and recklessly charge ahead when my screen is flashing red constantly. My brain screams “Retreat!”

1 Like

I just came home from work, if you need me to run the CR with you (Europe/NA) let me know…
For Asia my connection is to unstable.

1 Like

It is!

I did not end up in the Leaderboard of 1000 (currently (2024-04-24T20:29:00Z) rank 1000 ran it in 4m 22.799s) and even died, but it is easy.

The rank 1 on Asia did it in 1m 17.166s! No idea how that was achieved…

On all three regions “best” advice is: “Grit your teeth and get to it!” :slight_smile:

1 Like

Did the EU one first try, without deaths, but ended up slightly out of top 1000.
I can well understand failing this if playing too defensively. Roland set makes you use all your wrath pretty fast and the build is a little squishy. If you don’t manage to kill the worst mobs quite fast, they will kill you or make you run away.

Ok tactics for me seemed to be riding to an elite group or other toughest place, then using shield glare, then hacking the mobs down, then leaving for next place. Shield glare cooldown is quite short, so occasionally hack down second group before mounting again.