Challenge Rift 158 Bugged!

After reading all the “Challenge Rift 158 bugged” threads I decided to test this myself. Here are my results:

Americas Region

1. I ran D3 on the Americas Region.
  2. At the Game Menu I changed the Game Settings to Challenge Rift.
  3. Challenge Rift 158, with the Wizard, was shown.
  4. I entered the Challenge Hub to find my Character was the Barbarian from Challenge Rift 157.
  5. I changed the Game Settings back to Adventure Mode.
  6. I switched Characters.
  7. I changed the Game Settings to Challenge Rift.
  8. I entered the Challenge Hub to find I was playing the correct Wizard Character for Challenge Rift 158.

Europe Region

1. I then ran D3 on the Europe Region.
  3. Challenge Rift 158, with the Wizard, was shown.
  4. I entered the Challenge Hub to find my Character was playing the correct Wizard Character for Challenge Rift 158.

Asia Region

1. I then ran D3 on the Asia Region.
  3. Challenge Rift 157 was shown, as well as the Barbarian Character. (NOT Challenge Rift 158 with the Wizard). (See image below).
  4. I entered the Challenge Hub to find my Character was the Barbarian from Challenge Rift 157.
  5. I tried switching Characters like I did on the Americas Region. This time it did not work.

ATTENTION BLIZZARD’S QA TEAM

Season 21 starts in less than 38 hours!

8 Likes

Have you tried testing it in a group/party? I would be interested to see if you could make it show two different classes in the prep area.

No mater what i do it only shows last weeks barb for me

This might not be a bug. If it is, it happened since last week. CR in Asia used to reset on the same day (not same ‘date’. around the same time, give or take couple of hours). But somehow since last week Asia CR was moved to Fri-Sat. Don’t know if it was intended or not.

Either way. If Season 21 in Asia indeed starts at Fri, 5:00 P.M., Korea time without trouble, looks like Asia will have two CR caches back to back. Speed racers won’t care, as CR will reset approx. 9 hrs after season start, but as a guy who plays in all region, main in US, this can come in handy.

I was able to invite an alternate account I have into the Wizard CR and both were Wizard. So no getting the barb with the Wizard maps or vice versa. It’s either you get the barb and you want to exit. Honestly, I don’t think changing characters or game mode matters. Just go back to the menu and enter until you find the Wizard challenge rift. It took several weeks for challenge rifts to get fixed on console. Although PC probably has better developer support than console, I expect this to not be fixed by Friday, so I’ve been looking for workarounds. The most reproducible one seems to go back to the menu and start a new challenge rift game until you get the Wizard one.

I’ll have to test this out.

5 PM Korean time would be 4 AM my time. So, I would have between 4 AM and 1 PM Friday to run CR157 and after 1 PM I could then run CR158. (Provided you’re correct about the 9-hour window).

We are going to all inndividually make solo games to get the wiz #158 game, then invite the other 3 players.
This is a work around not a fix.
A very inconvenient season start.

didnt work for me. I am in NA region, I followed your tutorial, but still getting the barb (I see the wiz in the main menu but when I enter the CR I get the barb)

Any solution to this ? Season starts tomorrow !

It is not a “tutorial”. It is a bug report. I documented my personal experience with this issue. Others’ experiences may be different. I never intended anyone to use information I provided here as a “workaround”.

This is not a discussion forum and it is not a help forum. The information provided in the OP is meant for Blizzard’s QA Team. Nothing more.

If you are unclear as to how this Bug Report Forum works, please check out: How to Write a Good Bug Report.

Thank you.

I wont open another thread to post a bug that you’ve allready posted bro…

I followed your “reccomendation” but it didnt work. better now ?

I only ask blizzard for a fix to this, because in less than 24 hs season 21 will be online

Cheers from Argentina bro

yeah its bugged i see the same, it shows a barb but then i play with a wizzard

Just want to add, Asia CR has been updated to wiz. And reset time was changed back to Tues (or, the same reset time as US, EU). So no double CR caches for this week, just one.

1 Like