Chakram: Feedback for Improvement - 2.6.8

Last updated: 11/26/2019 @ 9:43PM EST

OVERVIEW
This skill is much weaker than our lackluster flagship Multishot. It needs about 25GR levels to stay competitive with Rapid Fire @ GR140.

RECOMMENDED ADJUSTMENTS

• Allow items that buff primary skills to also buff Chakram when Spines of Seething is equipped.
  • Spines of Seething Hatred increases damage by 500%.

DAMAGE MODIFIERS

• Sword of Ill Will (3.45x unchanged)
  • Spines of Seething Hatred (6x)
  • Primary Skill Package (5.2x) Simplicity Strength (1.25x gain over bane of the trapped) * Hunters Wrath (2.08x) * Depth Diggers (2x)

The Primary Skill Package conflicts with Captain Crimson, so it should be considered a 3.46x buff. Hybrid builds are unable to take the whole Primary Skill Package – see below for details.

SET FEEDBACK

• UE6 - Since a generator is required for Chakram to function on this set, and we are requesting that SS/HW/DD buff generators – this build becomes completely item locked. This build lacks defense, its only sources are from UE4, Wraps of Clarity, Vengeance:Dark Heart, the player will be unable to squeeze in Captain Crimson without sacrificing Depth Diggers.
  • M6 - It will not work due to lack of defense, belt slot collisions w/ Zoey’s Secret, no Dawn results in partial vengeance up time.
  • N6M4 - This will be mediocre but viable, the player will not equip Bombardier’s Rucksack. The player will likely choose Hunters Wrath over depth Diggers in cube. Simplicity Strength will be taken over Bane of the Trapped.
  • S2M4 - This has the potential to be amazing, even better than N6M4 since all of the above modifiers can be equipped, but it might lack defense.
  • S2 - It could be interesting with Aughild and Captain Crimson together.

We are requesting a buff to S2 in another thread.

CONSIDERATIONS

• In order to differentiate Chakram from Elemental Arrow, we ask that Chakram’s damage bonuses get split between Sword of Ill Will and Spines of Seething Hatred, whereas with Elemental Arrow gets one heavily buffed legendary: Augustine’s Panacea.
  • Keep in mind all Chakram builds use Blood Vengeance, which takes up the place of another damaging passive.
4 Likes

i agree sword of ill will needs a buff
would be nice to see seething hatred get an attack speed buff over a damage buff, the only reason i say this is for builds that use shuriken cloud rune and don’t need the generation from the quiver.

i don’t do a lot of theory crafting towards builds so buffs and changes i cant give a lot of input on, but it would be nice if shuriken cloud also got a small area buff so you you can hit enemies a bit faster and from slightly further away.

i made an LOD tank DH build out of fun to just make something different then what i saw anyone else using, and so far it works well, but the area and damage of chakram’s shuriken cloud is really small.
i think out of all the chakram runes, shuriken cloud is probably my favorite, looks really nice too.