Career Tab - Achievement Cannot Ever Be Marked Completed

I have reported this bug a number of times as it occurred almost half a decade ago. It happened back when T6 was at the top of the list lol.

I have an entire achievement tab that cannot be marked as 100% completed because a lower tier of an achievement will not finish. The highest tier of that achievement is already done. I continue to get the run around by the developers and the help desk folks. My computer has been updated/replaced many many times since and I have installed/re-installed Diablo 3 on other PCs to check this directly. So I can confirm with 100% certainty that this is within my account itself and not part of the local cache.

Career Tab > Adventure Mode > Nephalem Rifts > Death, Death and More Death (cannot be completed)

Some Hordes = complete.

I have no idea why no one will take ownership of this issue as a quick search of the forums shows a few other folks running into this and even in the last few months. I have screenshots and a decently memory from when this happened so please do follow up with me for this.

Edit:

1. Just Riffing: 3/29/2014
  2. Riftual Sacrifice: 4/16/2014
  3. Monster Mangler: 5/24/2014
  4. Dedicated To Destruction: 6/6/2014
  5. Bad Time To Be A Beast: 2/14/2015
  6. Killin’ It: 7/14/2015
  7. Death, Death and More Death:
  8. Some Hordes: 1/9/2016

Some additional data, the dates of this tier of achievements.

I am unsure of the exact mechanics of this achievement in that I do not know if each tier requires the entire count, or simply the additional value to reach the next goal, as a result, my theory is lacking. But it seems like between 6 and 8, it took considerably longer to reach the goal. I suspect that when 7 triggered it instead reset my counter to 0 and did not mark itself complete because it couldn’t properly evaluate my count.

However if instead this mechanic is more along the lines of triggering the achievement and then zeroing the counter. I would suspect that for 7 it possibly tiggered in the incorrect order, zeroing before marking complete.

Unfortunately I have no way of knowing when 7 triggered itself. Due to this I cannot pinpoint any possible causes. I would suspect replicating this under controlled conditions would be near impossible. I do suspect I was playing on a WD at the time, likely with a pet build. Again, long time ago so hard to say.

Correcting this part would also require one or two additional things. The achievements themselves should have an additional trigger that follows the logic, if the greater tier is marked complete, mark complete. Short of something like that or some form of a check on the account metadata for everyone it seems unlikely this will ever be resolved.

Or you could simply give the support team a way to reset these tiers for everyone who comes along with this, and I am sure most will be more than happy to just complete whatever objective it is that screwed up. Not having the ability to do this for us is shocking.

This does not help unless you post them.

To post a link to your screenshot:

1. Upload your image to a free image-hosting website, like Imgur.
  2. Paste the “Direct Link” to your image in your post.
  3. Select the link you just pasted and click the </> button on the Reply Editor toolbar.
  4. Click Reply.

Your link will look similar to this: https://i.imgur.com/6PIA4Ul.jpg

Death, Death and More Death = Kill 750,000 monsters whilst in Nephalem Rifts
Some Hordes = Kill 1,000,000 monsters whilst in Nephalem Rifts

I would suggest that a screenshot isn’t required though for the simple reason that it’s impossible to have killed 1,000,000 mobs without first having killed 750,000 mobs.

I did not mean to imply that JohnSnow has not encountered a bug. Or that he needed to prove it. This same issue has been reported by players in the past.

My point was: Many players state that they “have screenshots”, but don’t post them. So, why even say you have them if you’re not going to include them?

This is from the sticky, How to Write a Good Bug Report:

Finally, it always helps to attach a link to Imgur (or another picture hosting site) that displays a screenshot of the bug. If you need to include a video, link to a video as well.

How about no. And to clarify in very simple terms, I am not here to report a bug, instead I am actually requesting a fix to a known issue. I am forced to do so because instead of a support system, we have this garbage. And I am not creating an account on some site to host some pics for you. If blizz has no way to ingest images in the forums, that is on them. If someone at Blizz wants them they can give me an email, or get them via my original ticket to the support team. They are pointless for you in the peanut gallery. Hope that answers your snarky little question there bud.

Additionally, why would they really be necessary considering my text covers every visible detail… lacking imagination I guess!

What’s really telling is the fact that no one at Blizzard has again responded to this… or even acknowledged it.

Personally, I don’t want them. I just didn’t know why you even bothered to mention you had them if you weren’t going to post them.

And they probably won’t. They even say this in the sticky I linked. But, there’s nothing I can do about that. I’m just a player… like you. I don’t work for Blizzard.