CAPTAIN CRIMSON SET PLAN , impossible to drop , bug or not?

hello guys ,
its impossible for me to drop CAPTAIN CRIMSON SET PLAN !
i’ve seen forum and from 2015 , 0 topic have been resolved and its really annoying !
Can someone ,from diablo team or someone who really know the game , tell me why after more than 70 bounties chest oppenning i didn’t got this plan?
PS :
-i’ve got ALL the others lvl 70 plan in my 5 first chest .
-I farm bounties in T16 only .

other questions :
-do every chest have 100% chance to drop 1 or more plan?

-what is the REAL chance to drop it? (please , don’t tell me the chance is low , tell me REAL VALUE (for exemple “there is 3% chance to drop this plan” can be a good answer)

I need your help to resolved this “lagg” that is forsaken from 2015 !

1 Like

I’m too lazy to look it up. But, not too long ago, Blizzard was supposed to make it so all Blacksmith Plans and Jeweler Designs would drop, guaranteed, from Bounty Caches and Odious Collectors (green Goblins) until we had them all.

Even so, many of us sometimes had problems getting the Sage’s Journey Plan to drop.

Now, Sage’s Journey Set is automatically learned by the Blacksmith when he is Trained to Level 12. And it’s the Captain Crimson’s Trimmings Plan that doesn’t want to drop.

It will eventually. But, only when it wants to. :stuck_out_tongue:

thx for your answer !
So for you, thats a bug ?
i hope they fix it fast then !

I suppose it is a bug … for many patches already. Don’t know if it will be fixed, or not.
Just keep doing bounties. It will eventually drop. Anyway, you need the materials to craft the set items when you get the plan.

I will not waste my time by doing bounties , i did 10 full bounties today (50 chest) and 0 plan drop …
Thx for the tip but with 400/all materials , i think i’m OK !

do you know where i can find someone working for diablo 3 , because as i can see , here i only can find anwser like “it can be a bug or not , i don’t know” ?

Yes. I consider it a bug in as much as Blizzard told us (somewhere – still to lazy to look) that Plans would continue to drop until we had them all. And since they don’t, they are not “working as intended”.

This is confirmed by Blizzard making it so the Blacksmith automatically learns Sage’s Journey when he hits Level 12.

This is not necessary. Blizzard’s QA Team reads every thread and post in this Bug Report Forum. And even though they don’t respond, anything they can reproduce or is reported enough is passed on to the Devs.

For more information on how this Bug Report Forum works, you can look this pinned thread over:

This is the only place you can report a bug, nowhere else.

The plan dropped quite early in S18 for me, but it took me a lot of bounties in non-season. Anyway it eventually dropped.

Similar thing happened in another region, but a different plan.

So, it is RNG. Good luck.

There have been reports of doing bounties or killing green gobs on a different character can sometimes force a stubborn plan to drop.