Can't survive without elusive ring

just wondering is there a trick that you can survive your god dh with cubing coe? top dhs seem all cube coe (except elusive ring for 150 and let season theme to kill rg), but they do have higher para, probably need more para or more practice? or maybe don’t play the right way

what level are you and what level are you talking about? dying is part of the game, its usually a sign you are playing above your head. if you can kill things fast enough but die too easily, put paragon pts into vit or think about evening out some gear rolls.

if you are not killing things AND dying, go down in levels.

I am currently 3.9k para and wanna try to push 135+ with my god dh (non-season). I tried to cube coe but anything just instant procs me…die too easily, i also did put some para into my vitality. so i am asking is there a trick to play not dying too much with coe cubed? or maybe i need more para?

you must be doing wrong at 135… i had about 50m sheet toughness and p2576 for my 137, 400 pts = 2k vit. still sub 2800 and about 600 points in vit and while i do die at 140, its fairly rare.

cant see your build so cant comment on it

If you have already dumped some points into vitality and have good all resist and secondary resists, then I think it is just a matter of play style.

Strafe along the outer rings of mob clusters, dive in at the right moments, dodge ground effects whenever possible, know when to fire primary, when to let go of primaries and pick up in movement speed and etc.

At 3.9k, I’d imagine GR 140 should be easily attainable. Also like callmelord said, dying is part of the game. So don’t be upset if you die a couple of times throughout the rift. After all, maps and mob types play a huge factor in how a GR plays out (I saw a video of someone with high paragon simulating paragon 2k and beat a GR 140 with plenty of time to spare).

Also, make sure to build stacks upon entering the rift. Without the GoD mitigation, most things will instagib you in 1 shot.

that doesnt work in grs

I just did a 133 with 2k paragon, elusive cubed, without FoK, but relatively low toughness/hp pool (36M in town, 620k life). I maximized damage/AD otherwise.
I tried CoE and toughness must be raised a bit for the 132-133 range, around 45M in town. But your life will swing like hell, it’s possible to survive but you can’t have a lazy playstyle and be carefull, position better and dodge better.
Anyway 135 is totally doable on double festering with good mobs and a conduit at 2k plvl, and with elusive cubed. For higher GR I guess CoE will be mandatory, unless you rely completely on seasonal buff.
You should try the perfectionist passive with CoE, it helps a lot.

Why not? Kiting the first pack backwards towards the entrance to build stacks worked on PTR…:thinking::thinking:

yes it does on PC…

Edit: Just double and triple checked. They fixed it so you can’t stack GoD stacks then enter a GR. You can leave the GR and build stacks then go back in, but this is kinda a waste. They build up quick enough when you enter the GR.

Hi Sally, I didn’t see a NS GoD build in your profile except for your HC Yoona. So can’t really comment on your build.

I usually run about 250 para in Vit, seems to work well for me in solos.

Have you tried Fortress Ballista? You will lose a little DPS, but will be able to take more hits while you build up GoD stacks.

Since you are running 130’s, you have the basics down. Might want to work on damage avoidance, I use a modified stutter step, kind of a circular motion (wax on/wax off that someone posted in an earlier topic) that really helps with damage avoidance and keeping GoD stacks at 19/20.

Looking at your seasonal and NS Hardcore GoD’s, it looks like you are rolling gear efficiently, I like a little more CDR that you run, but that is me.

The 4p DR has nothing to do with your stack count. The stacks are only for DPS and movement speed. You gain the full 60% DR while strafing and for 5 seconds afterwards regardless of stack count. You’ll want to make sure you get Wraps of Clarity up right away and start Strafing, but as long as you do that, you have the same mitigation with 1 or 20 stacks.

yeah i read it wrong, i thought you said before entering gr. but also what tinne said.

i do that for rifts but just so speed is up right away, and the animation takes some time.

For me… movement speed = damage avoidance. When stacks are up avoiding ground effects, exploding fatties and the like is a lot easier. That’s why I mention keeping the stacks up.

I’m a little late to this thread but…

My best is 132 at around 3100 paragon in non season. The clear that shows on the Leaderboard is with Fortress Ballista and I dumped about about 500 or 1000 paragon points into Vit. I’m thinking it was 5000 Vitality so closer to that 1000 points. At any rate I had right around 1 mil health when all was said and done.

So you might want to give that a try, the more health you have the better Fortress is.

As Varadia says though, the movement speed of the two piece is crucial for avoiding elite affixes or dancing across affixes like frozen or plagued before they kill you.

Another option, if you think you’re doing enough damage, you could drop Fortress for a good shield. I use Wall of Man. With the right stats, a shield can be as good as Fortress without having to dump paragon in Vitality. Your damage will go down a bit but most of it will be made up by the fact that paragon can go back into Dex.

I’ve completed a 132 with a shield also. You’re probably a better player than me so your mileage will vary.

Other than that, it’s probably a playstyle thing.

Why is every thread where someone asks for Pushadvice turning into some. “I pushed higher at lower Paragon so its your playstyle”-Thread?

Mäh. Dying without Elusive is pretty normal i would say. Also it really depends on RNG. Some mobtypes just hit outrageously hard. So i would learn those mobtypes and avoid them.

And despite what others say…its not that much about playstyle but about fishing a good rift and spending lots of keys. At least thats my experiene and if i watch common streamers they seem to do the same thing.

Keep in Mind that Wudjo spent 5500 keys for his lvl 150 clear, and Raxxanterax about 2600 keys.

Wudjo cleared 150 without elusive and Raxx with. But wudjo went all Physres on gear and then did wear an Esoteric gem.

So Raxx used the Cubeslot for defense and Wudjo a Gemslot.

For running around with 6 pieces GoD + CoE + 3 DMG-Gems on 135+ you probably need super-godly gear , high augments and maybe more para + Knowledge of the Mobtypes.

Keep on pushing, you can do it. And just stick with the elusive.

You can also put Fan of Knives + Vengence on Autocast with Numlock. That helps a lot so you can focus on other things

3 Likes

In defense of the things I wrote…

Everything you put in your post is essentially common knowledge. RNG being the biggest factor the higher you go in GRifts? Check.

Anyway, if the player asking for advice is talking about running 135+, then folks will assume he/she will know those types of things.

But since we’re talking about the obvious stuff a player should do to run 135+…

Here’s a tip that hasn’t been brought up in the thread yet.

You should try skipping elites until you have 3 to 5 elite packs gathered up. If you find you’ve killed all the trash around an elite pack and the elite is still alive, either try to drag it to another herd of mobs or skip it.

I know that’s kind of obvious but some folks seem to think that the obvious needs to be pointed out.

this certainly sounds like playstyle to me…

if someone can do it at lower para, that means its certainly possible to be done. fishing hard is only required at the ceiling; having 1k extra paragon points means you shouldnt be at a ceiling LOWER than someone of a lower para, so something has to be going on as gear can only get so good. 137 took me 7 keys and 4 of the 5 floors on my clear would have been a quit if i were fishing hard. at 140 im definitely more selective, but not leaving a floor that isnt festering/spire/battlefields. there are only so many variables, and playstyle has a much bigger effect than a few % on gear

If you cleared 137 on 5 floors, the floors couldnt have been that bad :slight_smile:

But back to topic

I think the biggest difference Sally is that you play Non-Season. It is waaaaaaaaaaaaay harder to Push Non-Season because the seasonal Theme is so powerful.

To make you clear how powerful it is: There are Z-Barbs that do 0! dmg that cleared 150 with the only dmg coming from Season Theme. Personally, i think 135 on Non-Season is already a good achievement. So congrats from me.

Also if i would push Non-Season i wouldnt go the commen Weapon-Setups but an Odysseys End Dual Generator Setup as i have to compensate the missing Theme-Dmg somehow

I can just speak for myself. I didnt know most of the important things for pushing for a long time. And i didnt start diablo 3 yesterday.

Things that helped me from 126 to 133:

*Switchng the so beloved Flavor of Time for an ess of Johan and simultaniously increase my AD from 110 to 150. This made me less dependend on Pylons which is a thing i dont like.

*Autocasting Fan of Knives , Vengance and Smokescreen with Numlock, so i can focus on important stuff.

*Sounds stupid, but gearing my follower a little better. A TF with CDR+7 Ias for example and Ias rolls on the rest of the gear to max his EoJ - Proccrate.

*Learning at least a little which monsters give which progression. http://warpath.eu/mp.html

*Learning a bit about Pylons: Their Spawnrate increases about roughly 3% for every 1% Progression you make. Also maps have predetermined Spawnpoints for Pyolons. This lets you decide for example if you want to spawn a Pylon on the current map or the next one.

*Do you play with Vallas or some other weapon? With 2H-CB for example you want to be closer to the Mobs as with DW and Vallas to maximize your dmg.

*Skipping elites if they arent wort it. If i , gater 2-3 Elite-Packs for example and cant finsih them, i try to drag them to the door to the next lvl and do hope that in the next lvl maybe i get an early Pylon. Then i can just go back and Zap them.
However if thats not possible i just skip them as good Trash gives me more progression and is less dangerous.

Here is some video from Raxxanterax, that sums up a lot:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgrkPikl3fA&t=1819s

Also ask yourself where you struggle?

Do you have problems to spawn the boss in time? Then maybe maps with higher density + more areadmg will help.

Do you have problems finishing the RG? Then there are great passives like “Single Out” to be considered as an option.

Kind regards, and good luck!

2 Likes