Can't see Character info after changing battle tag

After I changed my battle tag to Ela#11961, I can’t seem to see any of my diablo characters under Diablo III Official Game Site website. I was able to see it before the change of battle tag.

I had put in a ticket (#US74816296) and GM Inuwynn suggested that a level 1 char creation may fix it and if it doesn’t fix the issue to report in this forum. I tried that in both seasonal and non-seasonal and it did not fix it, will you guys be able to help me with this ?

Thank You!!

Hello Ela:

I sure hope you aren’t in a rush… it can be weeks or even months before your web profile appears under https://us.diablo3.com/en/profile/Ela-11961/ … it should, however, be still available under the old battletag – just replace Ela-11961 by your old battletag in that link.

You may want to try changing your BattleNet password… that does an account soft reset. It usually doesn’t work but is probably worth a try. As far as I know, there is no “silver-bullet” that will make your new BattleTag spring to life. Sorry…

1 Like

Why does it take months? I changed my tag in July and it still doesn’t show it. I don’t remember my old battle tag unfortunately.

Hi again:

I don’t know why it takes this long… but then, I don’t know what the process is for your new battletag to become active for the web profile.

Blizzard should be able to help you with that… if it hasn’t been closed, reply to your ticket, say that the suggestion didn’t work and ask if they would remind you what your old battletag was.

1 Like

Hi again, Ela :

Well… it did take some time… but it looks like your web profile with the new battle tag is finally up : https://us.diablo3.blizzard.com/en-us/profile/Ela-11961/career

Enjoy !!

wow I took few month to update on this battle tag?

Yeah :frowning: and that is something players find out only after purchasing the name change.

Perhaps the time is shorter now… don’t know.
:man_shrugging:

Buyer beware ?

1 Like

I believe your first name change is free, so you can’t technically complain about how many months it took to complete, since you didn’t pay extra for it. As far as I know, they never promise you a free (timely) name change when you buy your account.

If you later paid for a 2nd name change, then you should already known what to expect, and how long it will take…

They kinda have you by the balls, no matter what.

Still, it is easier than going through a legal name change. I have been trying to get PayPal to change my legal name on my emails and statements for 12 years now, but I still can’t get them to do it no matter how many times I call them or how many court documents I send.