Cant remove the level requirements using Gem of ease

Hey
it seems like i cant use the gem of ease to remove the item requirements of an item, i got the gem to level 26 (since it didnt work on 25 the first time) i put the item (witch doctor dagger) and the gem in the cube at the corret tab but only get the message “transmute failed”.

In theory it should work for weapons as well, however any item you use to lower to lvl 1 with the lvl 25 Gem of Ease recipe should be legendary lvl 70 item.
Also, there is no dedicated tab for that recipe to work.

For weapons you usually put the gem of ease in the socket of the weapon.

You can apply the recipe on a non-lvl70 (even a lvl1…) item.

And there is a recipe for that, it’s the 5th.

1 Like

Indeed. While the Gem of Ease should work with any item to remove level requirement in the cube, with weapons it’s kind of pointless to do so. The gem inserted to a weapon not only removes the requirement but also provides a significant XP boost.

2 Likes

Thanks for the replies, i tried putting the gem of ease into the weapon, but the gem isnt accepted in that slot so that doesnt work.
i also tried repairing my game incase there was something there, long shot but still… it came up with nothing though.
the weapon is a legendary (voo`s juicer)

Ok, so you try to put a Gem of Ease (GoE) into your weapon to remove the item requirements and to profite of his boost

Stupid questions but sometimes they help:

• Your weapon has a socket?
  • Your GoE have a lvl25?
  • You don’t try to use the cube to do that?
1 Like

If you are still having an issue with this, could you post a couple of screenshots, please?

1. Screenshot of the Gem of Ease and Voo’s Juicer Ceremonial Knife in Kanai’s Cube. (Take the screenshot after clicking Transmute, so we can see the “Failed” error message).

1. Screenshot while trying to insert the Gem of Ease into the Voo’s Juicer Socket. (With the error message still on the screen).

You are currently Trust Level 0, so you will have to post the screenshots as Preformatted Text.

How to Post Links

1. Upload your image to a free hosting website, like Imgur.

2. Paste the "Direct Link" to your image in your post.

1. Select the link you just pasted and click the ˂/˃ button on the Reply Editor toolbar.

1. Click Reply.

Your link will look similar to this: https://i.imgur.com/6PIA4Ul.jpg

By the way, here’s the recipe. (Although, you should not need it if you’re putting the correct items in the Cube):

(One Equippable Item. It does not say it has to be Legendary or Level 70).

4 Likes

Hey, and thanks again for the answers and help.
I figured out the problem and now its working as intended.

Care to share what you were doing wrong?

It helps others when they make the same mistake and then search the forum for answers, and it also allows us to give helpful advice when people post the same issues over again.

3 Likes

Sure i might aswell treat everyone who was kind and tried to help to a laugh, it turns out i was just being an idiot.
(guess thats what happens when you play with a ton of stuff going on irl)
so the problem was that for some reason my sleep depraived brain misstook a Bane of the Stricken gem for a Gem of Ease.
i noticed it out this morning as i was gonna take a screenshot as requested previously in the thread.
might add that i even managed to level 2 of those gems just to make sure there wasnt something up with the first one, so one would think id notice somewhere along the line there, but clearly not.

4 Likes

Thanks for letting us know. (I’ve certainly had my share of brain-farts before).

I’m glad you got it straightened out.  

2 Likes

That’s got to be the most wholesome ending to be honest. <3

2 Likes