Can't "master" set dungeon

I’ve been trying to beat the UE set dungeon. I have no trouble killing all the monsters within the 5 minute time limit, or keeping my hatred above 50%. It requires you to kill 20 monsters 6 different times, with 1 shot. I’ve tried several times, and haven’t gotten more than a couple of the 20 monster kills. Nowhere in the entire thing is there 20 monsters in the same place 6 different times. So, how are you supposed to beat it?

You have to aggro the monsters into a crowd, then hit them.

Personally, I hate this set dungeon. I remember mastering it before it was nerfed, and hated it with a passion. I was so relieved when I finally mastered it. To this day, I refuse to do this set dungeon for seasons. If the UE set is the free set for a season, I wait until I collect the pieces of another set; the other 3 set dungeons are far easier to master than this one.

Edit:
If you are doing this on your season character for the Season Journey, I recommend you do another set. Hopefully you still have the marauder set from your Haedrig’s Gifts. That set dungeon is a piece of cake.

I’ve already tried the Nats one…couldn’t “master” it either. It required me to keep RoV going for 90 seconds without stop, couldn’t do that. Once again, had no problem killing everything in it within the time limit.

Yes, first time ever doing seasons. I do have the Marauders gear, most of it anyway.

You should try to master the marauder set dungeon. The only tricky park is to make sure the “underground” rock worms that spawn do not hit you.

7 Likes

For nats, be sure you are using the Dark Cloud rune for Rain of Vengeance. This is a must, since it lasts the longest (8 seconds). That gives you plenty of time to hit enough monsters to get RoV off cooldown before it runs out. Once you figure out the tempo of hitting RoV just before it runs out, the dungeon is a snap.

Also, don’t kill everything before 90 seconds is up. That can be a concern if you have a very high sheet damage. Just pace yourself.

For Marauder, the tough part is the rockworms. But they are always in the same region of the maps, so once you know where they are, just pay attention to the mini-map, which shows the locations of all the monsters. Watch the ground, it starts to crack just before the rockworm pops out.

Otherwise, this set dungeon is easy since the only required items is the 6 piece set, and the only required passive skill is Custom Engineering. All other item slots can be filled by whatever you have on hand.

Here are some videos that might help you:

Nat set dungeon:

Marauder set dungeon:

2 Likes

UE is my least favorite set dungeon also. Don’t even like seeing that map pop up in GR’s :slight_smile:

Icy-Veins has a decent guide that will get you though it.

https://www.icy-veins.com/d3/demon-hunter-unhallowed-essence-set-dungeon-guide

Definitely some tricks to UE dungeon - no follower, no vengeance, use full broadside instead of arsenal…basically want nothing that can kill anything other than when you fire MS…and yeah you gotta agro stuff to get enough clumps.

but hell, i still haven’t figured that one out…I just do Marauders every time for season :slight_smile:

UE set dungeon is simple with a friend :slight_smile: Get a zdps monk or barb… have them group 20 mobs. Fire… rinse and repeat :slight_smile:

As suggested - bring a friend for grouping.

Another method (with your friend grouping) is to downgrade your weapon to a lower yellow weapon so that you can get 2 or more volleys off before killing the mobs.

As soon as you have the required volley hits to qualify swap back to Yangs and clear the dungeon.

Marauder is very easy if you use a Yang. Captain crimson set helps also with movemet (ressources) - so use basic UE build and switch some set pieces.

You don’t have to care much about rockworms - do move-shoot-move … ad nauseam.

So “semi stutterstep” - you don’t have to be good at it. If you don’t stop - you won’t get hit and as you constantly shoot - everything gets killed. Just don’t stand still for more than 1 sec.

You can even try the Shadow set dungeon too. It’s so easy you can just swap your UE pieces to Shadow pieces and keep the rest of the multishot gear on! Just remember to equip Impale and Shadow Power! To beat the set dungeon, just take it slow and easy and make sure you carefully aim at the targets.

I did this one on the first try in my season 18 journey video (the one where I did the journey in reverse)!

I’ve been told that you shouldn’t use Ricochet when doing Shadow but that’s the one I use every time.

That’s just me though.

Further tips for Shadow…
No thorns on gear. If your gear comes with thorns, roll it off.

Have some cooldown. If you use Captain Crimson and a Diamond in the helm it should be enough. You want this for Preparation Punishment for when you run low on Hatred. (This is if you choose to use another weapon other than Yang’s such as a dagger).

Take Area Damage out of your paragon. If Area Damage kills an enemy, it could cause you to miss and break a chain if that enemy was your next target. It’s best not to have Area Damage on your equipment too.

Most people use Chemical Burn as the rune. It will break the shield and the fire damage will finish the enemy off so you can move on to the next.

I use Ricochet because I can’t kill all the enemies within the time limit killing them one at a time. But with ricochet, the dagger splits will break shields and sometimes kill enemies around your target. If you take your time, there’s just enough mobs in the dungeon that you’ll get your last chain with just a few mobs left. But this is just me, you could try it if you find you’re too slow with Chemical Burn.

Also, don’t use Holy Point Shot as your quiver. If any of the three daggers miss a target it breaks the chain. Holy Point Shot is a major hinderance for completing the dungeon.

1 Like

I chicken out. Make a crusader. Level the bug to 100. Can use later as augment. Involker 5 piece. Easy, easy set dungeon. Delete crusader if you want.
Ashamed to say.

1 Like

Oddly enough, I find the Invoker set dungeon challenging because I’m so used to dodging projectiles. I have to keep reminding myself that I want to get hit.

For me, the Nats, marauder, and shadow dungeons are about as easy as the Invoker.

It took me a couple tries to get Marauder down. I had to stop trying to run riot through the dungeon, slow down, and keep an eye on the mini map for the worms since I always have music blaring in the background so I cannot hear the distinct sound they make when the are about to pop up.

I have not tried the Unholy Essence dungeon, or any other dungeon really, despite RNG force-feeding me set pieces that are not Marauder.

The gameplay for Invoker set dungeon is simple but the daft thing is that it’s a lot easier to master it if you have 25K thorns than if you have 250K because that way the spear goatmen can hit you twice before they kill themselves.

Huh… I didn’t find the UE set hard at all… first time I tried it was this season and completed it w/in 20 minutes?

Dismiss follower, no veng, full broadside… JUST multishot for dmg

run around and find groups of spiders… count to 20 fire. Do this six times. Vault around to clean up anything left over

I do the UE set dungeon every time I play a new season. It usually takes a few tries, but it’s never exactly hard.
Others above have given some good advice. Illusionary Boots are a must for this too. Walk through small packs and bring more together and it’s not that bad at all.

Take all passives off except iron skin and concentration. I put iron skin on my trigger finger. hit when i want.
remove the thorns gem from gear.
remove the bonbardment belt.
dismiss the follower.
Keep the horse on.
easy going

set dungens are trash

i tried this season
used nats
5 parts + royal ring
no other equipment
removed all my paragons
i have a screen damage of 154