Can't get past GR 50

I think I should be able to get farther - right now I am at Paragon level 586. I know I need a couple more ancients - I keep re-rolling those. I’m using my Templar geared well.

Please take a look at my profile and tell me what I’m doing wrong. Thank you!

I never played Firebird Archon but it’s my understanding that it’s one of the weaker builds. That said, I would expect that you should still be able to clear GR50 without much trouble, so my guess is that maybe you’re not taking full advantage of what the build can do. Hopefully someone who’s familiar with the gameplay of this particular build will be able to offer more insight into why you might be having problems. My immediate thought would be that you don’t have enough ignited enemies and aren’t kiting an elite to take full advantage of the 6p Firebird bonus.

Personally, my suggestion would be, if you want to play Archon, switch to the Vyr build (that most everyone seems to be running these days). If you want to use Firebird, I would get Deathwish and Etched Sigil as the weapon/offhand combo.

As for your gear, you have some bad rolls (e.g. no CHC/CHD on gloves, +Meteor dmg on boots even though you’re not using Meteor, same for +Explosive blast dmg on chest and shoulders,…) and your belt is downright bad, but I feel that all this is secondary.

Try not to fall too deep in the “ancients and primal” = super good items death pit. Getting the right stats on a normal item is way better than a poorly rolled ancient/primal.

Do a quick google search for firebird channelling. Problem solved

Firebirds had a mechanic that requires you to drag elites and kite them as you kill trash.

At low GR, the elites and Champions do not have enough health pool to make this happen.

The answer is to switch to a Tal Rasha channeling build until you are at a higher GR.
Try this at icyviens

~https://www.icy-veins.com/d3/meteor-wizard-tal-rasha-variation~
(Copy/paste the link without the ~ )

Or a Vyr build.
~https://www.icy-veins.com/d3/wizard-vyr-archon-build-patch-2-6-5-season-17~

Of course there are better sets, in general, than Firebirds. I personally don’t like this mechanic, but I really like Vyr, Tal and DMO sets.

Edit: if this is for the conquest Years of War, just run from elite to elite. Kill as much trash as you can until the elite dies and then run to the next one. They will die fast, and you will get the orbs.

I’m no expert, but Firebirds should take advantage of more fire skills than what you have on your skill bar, like Meteor/ Meteor shower and Arcane Torrent/ Flame Ward for example. Your shoulders and chest piece give bonuses to Explosive Blast and you don’t have it as a skill. Your boots give a bonus to Meteor, etc… As others have posted, for Archon get the Vyr’s set.

You don’t have the good affixes on your stuff.

Usualy players go ancient/primal before getting the right stats only in two cases:
-for the weapon, because dps;
-for all the rest if you use the Legacy of Nightmare set bonus.

The stats on your gear are not rationalized and it leads to an overall weakening of your character’s performance; solve that first.