Cant do damage after I die and rez

When I am killing anything and I die. When I rez I can not kill or do damage to anything that I died by. If I get killed on a greater rift last boss and die I cant complete as I cant kill. If I go to town and got to a place on the map I can kill monsters then I go back to rift I can start doing damage again tell I die. I play other toons and don’t have this issue.

Demon Hunter, GoD build.

Edit to add
My husband is using the same build and same gear and does not have this issue. He does have to wait for stacks but he has not had a issue killing the mob he died by.

Some Builds have this issue. Specifically, builds like Vyrs/Chantodos which need time to build up stacks in order to do damage.

What build are you using?

Sorry should have included that. GoD build for a Demon Hunter. I have created a new DH thinking it was the toon. Logged out and came back the next day and same issue happened with new DH. I dont think it has anything to do with stacks. If I leave that monster and go to a new one I did not die by I can kill it with no issues.

The GoD DH needs momentum stacks and likely Taeguk as well, not to mention Bane of the Stricken.

So, maybe it has something to do with stacks. Also, Squirt’s if being used. I hate that amulet and refuse to use it. Used to be my preferred to give to followers.

Thanks. But once I rez and move on to next mob I dont have any issues killing stuff. Its just the mob I died by. Even if I move away from the mob I died by to get stacks I still cant kill the mob I died by. I have to move on to next mob and can kill with no issues.

I was playing coop and my partner died then got resurrected with completely less stats. We tried going back to town to see if that helped but nothing came back. He is level 67 and I am level 70 with 29 prestige points. Could it be the apprentice mode is over. But that doesn’t make sense as to how much his stats dropped.

I’m having similar issue. My DH died during a GR run. The game didn’t gave me the rez options and the other players can’t rez either. so I reloaded the game and
when I return, everything looks normal until I get into combat. Critters that I have easily mowed down now become impossibly hard to damage, especially the bosses. I usually can solo 75-80 lev GR but now I can’t even do bounties. If this a permanent nerf, this really sucks. I don’t want to have to reroll cause its a pain and a hassle. Seriously. fix this.

There is nothing to fix, and this is not a bug.

You are only wearing 4 pieces of the GoD set. You need at least 5 pieces and RoRG to get the 15,000% damage bonus to Primary skills.

Change your Boots or Gloves back to GoD set. Also, you are missing your quiver altogether, so you are losing another 600% damage multiplier as well.

You are missing a total of 105,000% Hungering Arrow damage from those 2 items alone, and if you change your Cube armor from Mantle of Channeling to Depth Diggers you will go from 105,000% to 183,750% more damage.

4 Likes

Ya looking at me changing my equipments around to figure out why. then I just gave up and create another one
I know I did not have the optimum setup but my GOD armor was complete and i was able to run lev 15 bounties run. This is all happen after i died in a GR run and the game didn’t gave me a rez option so I have to reload in mid run, but i’ll check your solution out to see if that will work.

Perhaps it was at some point, but it is not complete now. That is why your damage dropped.

It’s not really a mystery. If you are only wearing 4 pieces of the set, then you are missing the 15.000% damage increase from the 6-piece bonus.

The Bug about not being able to Resurrect is completely separate from your damage issue. It is stickied at the top of the bug forums in the Player List of Known Issues Thread (#6).

You were so convinced that the game was bugged, that you abandoned your DH and created a new one from scratch and got all the way to level 60, instead of just looking at your gear to see if you did something to break your build?

2 Likes

looking at your gear to see if you did something to break your build?

As I have indicated, I was wearing a complete set of GOD when I experienced this issue. So yes, i have look at my gears, changing various pierces in and out to check what is happening, after awhile got tired and made another. Since Blizzard just run another maintenance, maybe it will just l fix itself. I’ll check it again. It may just need a kick to the tire I hope. Thank you for your comments.

Characters just dont “break” and not work anymore. Something changes on the equip screen. Several of us have been on here for years and see some reports of players having damage issues and such when it DOES turn out its human error and the player didn’t check their gear fully.

Here’s one tip for you, save a build in the armory when it works (use slot 10 or whatever). If it ever seems like it breaks, reload that set (update it from time to time with gear updates). It will tell you if your missing gear pieces.

But 99.999% of the time, its not a bug, its player error.

2 Likes

To fix my DH I uninstalled my game and reinstalled the game and that fixed my issue. When I die by a mob and can rez back by the same mob I can know kill them with no issues. So it had something to do with the game.