Can't complete the conquest Avarice

Why I had pick up 50m in the inner sanctum but still can’t complete the quest Avarice ?

The Avarice conquest requires that you complete a 50 million gold streak while outside The Vault and The Inner Sanctum

2 Likes

Strix is right.

For me, I did it solo in a T16 cow portal (generated from the bovine bardiche)

1. Had follower with goldskin, avarice, flavor of time, and nemesis bracers.
  2. I equipped boon of the hoarder level 50.
  3. Ran perimeter of map then interior.
  4. Profit.
4 Likes

i tried run the cow portal but fail maybe run not fast enough .

I just curios why i have pick up 50m gold streak in the inner sanctum but still can’t complete the conquest .

Is it i have do something wrong ?

Because you’re in Inner Sanctum ^^

You can collect 35 caches (T16), stay near your chest and open them.

Very important: don’t move and remove your pet.

When your 35 caches are open, move and enjoy.

1 Like

Thanks a lot . will try the 35 caches ^^

If using the bounty cache method, you need to get rid of your pet and remove/change gear (and paragon points) with gold pickup radius.

3 Likes

In addition to the bounty cache method, go to Bastion’s Keep and jam your character between the wall and your stash. This way when you open the caches, everything will drop in a single pile.

I’d still recommend trying T16 cow level with maxed Boon of the Hoarder. With a mobile build it’s fairly easy to earn Avarice.

4 Likes

In the conquest description, it explicitly excludes getting avarice in the vault. That is why it doesn’t work.

I did it on T9 in The Temple of the Firstborn.

Definitely use a Speed Build (did it with a WW Barb or GOD DH) in T10. Don’t forget to put a Flawless Royal Emerald in helm (gold find), wear gear with extra gold find % in 2ndary stats (if available), maxed lvl50 Boon gem, and give your follower Goldwrap/Goldskin (w/extra gold find 2ndary), Note: Avarice Band helps pick up gold faster, but may clear too fast between density and cause a vacuum that may break your streak.

Cow Level is the easiest (using Bovine Bardiche trick in Cube). The trick is to portal in, work your way towards density on outer border, click on dead bodies and chests, go in one direction all the way around killing through density, leave some gold on ground to allow back-tracking and continual gold to pickup, if you encounter the 3x wave/4x chest event cow ! , start it, finish it, and continue on clearing, outside first, then towards the inside center. Dead bodies are sometimes hard to click but give a shower of gold and chests also drop more gold.

Another option is the Ruins of Corvus in Act V (path to Adria) but it requires 2x passes. 1st pass needs to draw out all wall crawlers by hugging all walls, open all doors, leave all enemies alive, map path to end w/o killing anything (tricky, no attacks, remove dmg gear/etc.). 2nd pass is full gold find gear speed build following mapped path to end. There should be enough gold before you finish the entire map if the density is left intact before the run.

Personally, the Cow Level is much easier to maintain gold pickup, as long as you can keep the streak alive (constant gold drops moving forward).

206 Mil Gold Streak is possible … personal record w/Crusader a few seasons back
https://imgur.com/pvBETPe

Good luck !

2 Likes

Multiple methods for it that all work pretty well.

Lazy way is collecting X amount of bounty caches and then opening them all at once. (value stated above) and works even down a few notches of torment if 16 is too hard. (i believe its 50 caches at torment 10).
Then most ways use a boon of the horder gem
-Cow portal, lots of enemies, the dead farmers.
-Ruins of Corvus (run thru not killing anything an dopen all doors and spawn all the little dudes, once at the end, go back the other way killing everything and see oodles of money.

I’ve only done the Conquest twice and both times were through Bounty Caches, once thanks to the double rewards and the other without (this season.) The gold suck method should work but I’ve not found it works for me as there’s always some lull in critter density and the streak ends as I have to hunt down another monster to murder.

Also, you can “cheat” and group up. Bounties are infinitely easier that way.