Cant complete bounty

Bounty: Clear Mysterious Cave… cant be cleared since Zaven the Alchemist just stands in the way… pressing (a) [nintendo switch] only opens his dialog and not the cave entrance…

4 Likes

Can confirm this is still a bug as of 04/01/20, on PS4 too.

1 Like

I had zero issues with this yesterday…he appears, I wait a few seconds, chat to him, and voila, I can enter the mysterious cave without issue. It has always been that way.

I have the exact same issue on XBox One right now. So it is still a bug.

1 Like

Still occurring and is final bounty quest
Xbox 1

Why hasn’t this been fixed yet?

Still buggy, switch.

Sometimes broken sometimes not, xbox one. Broken today … last quest … super annoying.

When it’s not broken he moves after you talk to him (from memory).

Just change the design of this step if you can’t repro the issue.

Broken. Friday, Jan. 8, 2021 (Xbox One)

It bugged out again next time I came to the bounty, today.

I tried a few things, like zone to town and back, log P2 out and back in.

What seemed to get around it ultimately was talking to the merchant, thus changing (A) to (…) for a short moment and while he’s talking stepp closer to the door… then the (A) for the cave appeared.

Exited the cave and found it to be working as normal again, even while the merchant is back showing (A).

Let us know if it works for you.

it is happening on Nintendo Switch too
Yes, this is a revival and it seems we are still missing attention on this topic.

The NPC position is in front of the door. The image, if you want to see the “link” is below.
ibb[dot]co[slash]F7Qm8yj

This problem still exists 2/25/22 on Xbox X

This is still happening and interfering game play as in order to complete the altar you must make the staff. There is no way to get into the cave the vendor is blocking the entrance and only highlights him.

1 Like

To get in check what person sells, exit out immediately and go in. It’s that simple.

But since you’re playing on console you’re just wasting your time going there if only reason you want to go there is the staff.

At the time he was blocking the door not stepping away from it so you had no choice but to highlight him over and over again. After reading into the the console recipe I see that its not needed. Having just finished the staff on pc was looking for full recipe. Pain all the way around though with the item actually being needed in the game and not just a gimic to discover whimsyshire.

What did you think Staff of Herding is for if not to use it for it’s only purpose: only way to access Whimsyshire.

Yep, which is why I personally haven’t looked for the items since the beginning of d3 when it was the only way to see whimsyshire. Long before there were goblins that could open a portal or a random rift with that map. So dealing with the gibbering gemstone and liquid rainbow drop rate(luck) on any platform where the item is needed to progress is a pain.

To Whimsydale. Different place.

You can only get rainbow portrait from Whimsyshire. Only way to access is to get Staff of Herding. And it’s also a lot faster way to get Spectrum and Horadric Hamburger.