Can't claim challenge rift cache

I am new to PC for D3, I used to play xbox, I did the challenge rift and on the main screen it shows as completed with the little green check mark, however I am not able to claim it on my seasonal character, I looked up if I was claiming it wrong, and im not, I reset my game, went back and talked to the lady in the challenge rift area, i even made a different seasonal character, still cant claim it, any advice would be awesome, thank you.

In December, 2019 I made a video specifically showing how to start and run a Challenge Rift and collect a Challenge Rift Cache. Hopefully, you will find it helpful.

2 Likes

The seasonal hero you wish to collect the challenge rift reward cache on must exist prior to the challenge rift being completed. So, if you ran the challenge rift, then created a seasonal hero, that hero cannot collect the cache. If that’s what happened, only your existing heroes (e.g. non-seasonal ones) will be able to collect this week’s cache.

You can’t even start the challenge rift unless you do a greater rift solo first. Therefore I already had a seasonal character, at 70 that solo’d a greater rift, before completing the challenge rift.

On any hero on the account, ever.

That’s how people at the start of a season create a level 1 hero (that’s obviously never done a GR), start a game with it, exit the game, do the challenge rift, then collect the cache on the level 1 hero.

That’s why I was checking to see which order you did things in.

I admit that I had not looked at your Armory Profile before posting the video above. Meteorblade apparently has not either.

In your case, you are correct. Looking at your Profile now, I see you only have one Seasonal Barbarian and he would have to successfully complete a Greater Rift first before Challenge Rifts are unlocked. Most of us have several non-Season Characters that have completed a GR. When we Rebirth one of them or create a new one for a new Season, Challenge Rifts are automatically unlocked for us. If you plan to Rebirth your Barbarian for Season 21 without creating other non-Season Characters that complete a GR, you may have to do this again for your Season 21 Barbarian. (This is something I’m not sure about — just some food for thought).

Considering that you have not provided screenshots or a video of you completing the Challenge Rift, we can only assume that you did not beat the original player’s time.

One way you can confirm that you successfully completed the Challenge Rift is: When you kill the Rift Guardian, enter the red Portal that appears and return to the Challenge Hub. Talk to Edira. If she congratulates you, but tells you to try again, you did not earn your Challenge Rift Cache. If she congratulates you and says nothing else, you should have the Cache waiting for you to Claim to Inventory when you switch back to Adventure Mode or Campaign Mode.

I just completed the Challenge Rift after the Asian server was reset today, but I still haven’t received the reward. Anyone facing this issue too?

1. I know it usually appears on the bottom left.
  2. I created my toon first before starting the challenge rift.

I am having this issue as well. I made a seasonal character and got it to level 70 before running this Challenge Rift. I’ve tried different things like restarting my game at various difficulties and closing reopening the game. The game has acknowledged my completion of the challenge rift, both in menu and from female Nephilim spirit of the Challenge Rift. Still, no pedestal shows in any act town with a Challenge rift Cache for me to claim. Should I submit a ticket?

@Lithus:

To report bugs on a console, please use the Console Bug Report forum.

This forum here is to report bugs on the PC version of the game.

3 Likes

This IS on PC. Should I submit a ticket?

There are no pedestal on the PC version of the game. The reward for completing the Challenge Rift is in an envelope in the bottom left corner of the screen. Click on it to open the envelope and claim the reward.

No. In-game bugs cannot be corrected or resolved by Customer Support.

3 Likes

Ok. It was where you said, and I collected it… now that I knew where to look.
>.<

Thank you!

4 Likes

You’re welcome.

Best of luck in your games !

2 Likes