Cannot play with friend on PS4

I’ve been trying to play with a friend on PS4. We played yesterday together and now everytime we try it says “There was a problem joining the game.” Very frustrating

2 Likes

Was there any solution found? I am having the same problem.

1 Like

Bump - I am having this issue too. I played all of season 19 with a friend and now the same friend, same consoles, can’t play together. We join a game and then a few seconds in it migrates host and separates us into our own games, or it won’t let us join at all and says “there was a problem joining the game”

1 Like

I am having the same issue. Every time I try to join a game with my friend we get the error trying to join.

1 Like

I also have exactly the same problem! But I am playing the switch version.

1 Like

Quick Possible fix guys. Create an adventure mode, keep game open to public on normal difficulty. Under key warden or any other choices that should be empty. Now voila this works 190% of the time abiut 89.7% of the time, so may or may not work. Best bet is to update system software restart WiFi and Turn off ps4, or restart it completely to factory and call your ISP to make sure there’s no issues in your end. But I’m pretty sure blizz just doesn’t give a poop about us console players. Ps. My friends call this the “nat type issue” we’ve gotten it in games with friends. Also if you get ip sniffed and someone sPAMS YOUR IP like a COD rage gamer. And you and your buddy were together. They could be overloading yalls IPS. Just saying. You may have made an enemy and that normally gets fixed after 6hour could take longer. Maybe a week but I don’t know how that works. I just had the same issue as we took rank 2 and went for rank 1. AnxietyPills on diablo 3ps4 HC messes with our IPS to block me (cloud) and elements From taking rank 1.

1 Like

I’ll try what you said this evening, and let you know the results… Here, exactly same issue.

Maybe the region is bugged? I can enter in any games without any problems, and I cannot join or be joined by friends. They’re on same country, so I don’t know if there’s something with the region.

Didn’t work. Issue still the same.

Also:
This is happening on Nintendo Switch as well.
I’ve tested with three different friends, I cannot join them, they cannot join me and, at last, they cannot join them self.

1 Like