Cannot play PS4 with PS5

During 2 beta on Playstation, me and my friend try many ways to join eachother game but we can’t join, screenshot attached below.
Information:
Me:
PS4 Pro
PS Plus Region: US
My friend:
PS5
PS Plus Region: Singapore

We can play many other game, but just D2R can’t

I hope ps5 can play with PS4 otherwise they just split the community even further making the game even worse as most my friends have PS4 (I have ps5). Could it be a region problem hopefully and not PS4/5 conpatibility?

i honestly don’t even see a reason why consoles can’t play cross region and cross system. be it Xbox, switch, ps4,ps5 or PC. we all share the same connection: battle net. it all gets synched there. i hope they do the step there… it just doesn’t make sense to keep them all separated… especially with controller support on PC now.

My best guess would be different region. Even though you’re both on battle net, there are different regions within battle net. I was able to play with a friend that was on a PS4 and with me being on PS5.

Correct. The Regional separation was just for Beta.

For release the region lock should be removed and you will be able to play with your friend in Singapore when you are in the US.

1 Like