Cannot connect to server

My friend got in first try, but even after waiting 3 hours to see if others have my problem i have seen little to none, my internet is fine

Things to try:

• Close the Bnet Launcher totally. Check in Task Manager to make sure they process is closed.
  • Restart launcher
  • Above the D2R Play button is a drop down menu, be sure it says Beta.

Im sorry i forgot to mention im on ps5

I’ve got nothing but this for several days.

How to open task manager in PS5???

The same problem. Close beta the same. Friends at the same time working. Change from wifi/lan to hotspot nothing change. Maybe problem with account?

I’m also on the PS5 and it says the same thing. Oh well, nothing carries over to the full game so it’s not like I’m losing out on anything.

That said, come launch, day 1 (since I preordered this) if it still says cannot connect to server, forget a blizz ticket, I’m contacting Sony and refunding this. I’m so done with this kind of crap.

There’s zero information from any blizz staff as to why this is happening on the ps5. It’s like they forgot people play more than just on PC.

On xox is working at the same network…

Are you all on Consoles ?

Can you try clearing your network caches ?

^^ Try that for whichever Console you have

Another thing to try is to try power cycling your modem/router. There are new servers for this round of testing and it’s possible your hardware isn’t caching the correct DNS entries

I’m not to familar with PS5 stuff stuff (or console stuff in general) sorry

Can someone on PS5 try this -

https://thedroidguy.com/change-ps5-dns-settings-114418

I changed my DNS settings and it still says cannot connect to server.

I’m also pretty sure force clearing my cache on the PS5 isn’t going to resolve this issue. This sounds more like a blizzard issue than on my end. This is the only online game that I’m having issues connecting to.

Update: Cleared cache on ps5 made no difference as I suspected. This is not an issue on my end and like I said if this is happening day 1 release I’m refunding this game.

I might just refund it this weekend just to save me trouble come next month. I don’t see it getting fixed unless more people run into the issue. I really was hoping to play this but I guess I can’t.

I was able to play in close beta last week. Now i have same problems and no solutions. Waiting for solution or my money back.

I did not even see a window with the code pairing ps account with bnet. maybe some privacy settings?

At the same time and network everythin fine on xox…

I’ve been waiting for Open beta for so long, and I have the same problem like others. I completed pairing my ps4 with a code on the screen but still can not connect to “battle.net”.
I’m so disappointed because I love Diablo games. I’ve been even playing on Ps1 with the first diablo.
So make sure you solve this issue, because I want to buy the game.

This thread should be pinned because I’m telling you now this error is going to cause people to demand refunds from Sony.

This is not a beta issue, this is a connectivity issue which is far more serious as it will also carry over to the full release of the game.

It’s straight up unplayable which means you should be able to refund a broken game. Technically the game isn’t broken, but if the connection is then technically so is the game.

2 Likes

Ok, its working. I must log in battlenet account via computer browser (using psn id email) and pair this email (bnet account) with psn id.

Alright, i did that and, of course it worked, they should really tell people to do that if thats all it took…