Can we get another Exploding Blast item?

Quite literally with 1 more item or a revision of Orb of Infinite Depth, I think EB would be usable. With the orb, maybe 100-150% damage per stack? Maybe 200%? idk but just that would be enough to make it usable again.

Wand of Woh just needs to have it’s multiplier up’d from 400% top end to 550-600%. I don’t think that enables a new build, but it brings it up to par as an option.

I guess a shoulder slot item with something like : Wand of Woh deals 250-300% more damage and the radius of the explosion is doubled." would work. Unfortunately, you'd have to depend on LoN at that point, though. DMO and Tal's are trash sets, and Firebird's can't proc from the extra explosions (though it really should.)

Hm… so we now need to hit enemies with the wand? :stuck_out_tongue:

Now, jokes aside… let me repost something from a different thread - it seems they are dead set on making our channeling skills a mere trigger instead of having them deal actual damage. So, maybe something like this could work:

Light of Grace [Legendary Source]
Ray of Frost gains the Frozen Storm rune effect and the beams now pierce. Enemies hit by Ray of Frost become marked for 10 seconds. Your Explosive Blast now deals XXX% increased damage and simultaniously detonates on all marked targets .

Another idea would be to make a mechanic similar to Tal Rashas Meteors, maybe on a shoulder. Hitting an enemy with arcane, cold, fire or lightning detonates Explosive Blast of the respective element on the target. With an internal cooldown per element that can be reduced by cdr. This would fit neatly into Tal Rasha and would offer a splendid use for SoJ.

I’d say buff the Wand of Woh item (increase it’s multiplier), and give it the chain reaction rune along with it’s additional explosions. Then increase the damage multiplier of OoiD and change the damage multiplier to exploding blast only, rather than have it be global.

I get why, but you’d be nerfing current Firebird builds that rely on OoiD with that, though.

I see, in that case, then we can instead either massively buff WoH, or introduce a new item for Explosive Blast; all the while leaving OoiD alone.

Not necessarily… why not doing it like this:

Orb of Infinite Depth
Explosive Blast deals triple damage. Hitting an enemy with Explosive Blast also increases all damage dealt by [8-10]% and reduces all damage taken by 20% for 6 seconds. This effect can stack up to four times.

Alternatively OoiD it might also be okay with “EB deals 75-100% more damage” and instead have the general effect changed to “increases all damage dealt and reduces all damage taken by 20%”… as for the wand:

Wand of Woh
Explosive Blast deals [500-600]% more damage and your pickup radius increases its area of effect. Casting Explosive Blast triggeres 3 additional blasts.

Granting the “Chain Reaction” rune would be good as well, but that really should be handled by a new, third item (e.g. shoulders)…

1 Like

That works for me.