Can we get a "too bad" post about stash from Admin?

Straight up.

"Too bad we will not give you anymore stash space.

Stop crying and live with it. "

I keep asking and there’s lot of salient arguments for it and like talking to a brick wall. It sucks.

Communication has been better in general and I acknowledge that but this is a deal breaker for me and would like closure.

This is like a bad breakup lasting forever.

Thanks

1 Like

Forum Admins would not have that information. A Developer or Community Manager might.

I can take a pretty good guess as to the answer though.

“Due to technical limitations there are no current plans to increase stash space. If that changes, it will be announced in patch notes.”

I don’t think they actually WANT to say no. I think they really want to say yes. They would not have tried a few patches ago if they were against it. They want it. We want it. The only reason not to do it is if the game engine currently does not handle it well.

They are not likely to give us a flat “no” on something that MIGHT change someday. Tech has a nice way of advancing.

4 Likes

As an anecdote I would like to add (as a funny anecdote) I think I read somewhere (I can’t remember) that the rationale for being stringent with stash space, is not server storage space & cost, as I originally imagined but, apparently, and quite weirdly, the bigger stash space impact game performance! :open_mouth:

1 Like

Appreciate the candidness as usual.

And to be fair, I don’t have a stash problem right now, but after this next update, I think I will be back to having to swapping gear around to keep inventory free to play.

I am still upset the stash tabs did not work out. I really really was excited about having them for free and not even season gated.

I got rid of enough stuff that I am sort of ok, but I can easily see folks wanting other builds being required to save more…and running out of room.

The whole thing is just frustrating - for us and for Blizz. I can only hope that at some point they are willing to make the engine or back end changes needed to lest us have more space. By “they” I mean management who makes financial and resource allocation decisions. I am 100% sure the Classic team folks working on it want us to have the space we so desire.

For the company that motivated by greed, it is puzzling that they chose not to sell the stash for D3 players until now.

Do they hate D3 players’s money that much?

A solution that would be a good workaround is to dedicate stash spaces as class specific. Say have 8 general stash tabs and 5 stash tabs that are dedicated to each class. This would give 5 class tabs for 7 classes that would total to 43 tabs when added to the 8 general tabs. When entering a game , though, no more than 13 tabs will be loaded into memory as you would have only the 8 general tabs plus the 5 for the specific class that is entering the game, thus getting around the problem of having too many “actors” loaded into the game. Pretty sure 99% of the D3 player base would be happy with 43 total tabs.

1 Like

You make it sound like they sell stash tabs now. They don’t.

If they could give them to us, they would, and would not even charge for them. They TRIED it already. Unless they get the resources to change the backend/engine it causes massive issues.

Investors in ATVI. Yes. Kotick and many senior managers in that group. Yes.

The devs, artists, CMs, and everyone who actually touches and pours hundreds of hours, or thousands of hours into a game? No. They love what they do and they want it to be amazing. If you ever get the chance to talk to them in person, do it.

I know I’m an outlier on this point, but despite all the past posts about gating stash tabs behind seasons, I finally did acquire them all, the last being this season.

That all said.

Even with all classes unlocked, two slots used by HC characters, and having every piece of usable set and extra class items for each class, I STILL have over 4 empty tabs in my stash.

And I keep around a lot of odds. I have one character equipped with pre-RoS gear that you cannot find anymore, and various old items that no longer drop or can be found. So that’s one character slot/mule with no value. One holds nothing but spare legendary gems. The rest hold their respective class gear or things like gob rings and cow pikes.

And still I have 4 empty tabs in my stash.

So its entirely possible to have it all and have room to spare if you wanted. But as I said at the beginning, I’m an outlier in this regard most likely.

Game on.

August last year.

Thanks for reminding me that fiasco of a “bug”.

They really should just give up on the game and let it go open-source.

This is the problem though, character slots should be used for characters you want to play, not as storage space, that is what stash tabs are for.

I do not own Necro DLC, so I have 11 tabs. Two tabs are used for legendary gems, goblin rings, regular gems, uber machines and stuff like that. This gives me 9 tabs for 6 classes, which means about 1.5 tabs per class. I have enough room to keep gear for all 4 set builds, one LON build, and a few random pieces. This leaves me with no wiggle room, and if I want any of the new sets, I need to drop the LON stuff.

There are solutions out there to increase stash space, hopefully they find one they like and go for it.

Not really a problem for me. If I want to play any of those characters, I load them up, pick an empty stash tab and empty their inventory and go play.

Not only do I do that, I also keep top pieces of follower gear, one full set for each. ONLY one set. I equip the follower when I load that character. Same with potions and legendary gems. I have only one full set of highest leveled gems and best versions of potions. I only equip them when playing that character. When I’m done, I strip those legendary gems and potions, follower gear back into the stash and put the items that I had moved into the stash from that character, back to the character and ready to play a different one.

Is there some management involved? Yes. Does it sound tedious? Surely.

Does this work for me? Absolutely. Will it work for everyone? No.

While I try to have some sense of order to my large inventory of items, even now I have things I should probably just get rid of as they are A: Not used ever, or B: Not needed at all.

One of these days I should do an inventory video.

Game on.

It’s because of some technical issue. You know we would have more, free or not, if it were easy.

The only reason not do it is ignorance of our needs and suggestions, as always.
We have suggested to split stash into 8 global and 5 character individual tabs which would solve all space problems nicely without increasing load on the engine.
But they rather implement a useless stash search nobody asked for and useless underperforming new sets.
And funny the game doesn’t lag or crash when people open hundreds of ptr vendor bags, huh?

1 Like

Sounds like a case of poor space management to me. If you stop hoarding a bunch of junk that you will never use, then you have plenty of space. Call it common sense. I hoard junk all the time. When I run out of space, I go through the items I have and figure out what has a high % of being used and what has a low % of being used, I toss out the low %. Easy.

During seasonal play, I always dedicate a tab for primals. When the season is over, I keep a few and zap the rest. Every few seasons, I clean house of all the items I have stock piled in my non-season stash.

You’ll make this way too complicated that it needs to be. I agree with “Stop crying and live with it.” Too many D3 players are cry babies. Why do you think Blizzard ignores D3 for the most part?

Have fun with the game or play something else.

If they can’t give us more stash space because of server load, can they give us two more character slots.

Does that negatively effect server performance?

1 Like