Can LoD elemental be decent?

what are some cool lod builds for dh?

lmk! cheers

If you want to be even vaguely effective, there’s pretty much just this…
https://www.icy-veins.com/d3/demon-hunter-rapid-fire-build-with-lod

If you just want a bit of a change / fun, there’s this…
https://www.icy-veins.com/d3/demon-hunter-legacy-of-dreams-fan-of-knives-build

The problem with LoD builds for DH is that most of the power of DH builds comes from the set bonuses instead of the item multipliers.

For example, between a UE Multishot and a LoD Multishot build, the LoD variant would have a 98.5x damage multiplier and a 2.083x toughness multiplier. The UE variant on the other hand would have a 483.2x damage multiplier (UE4+6) and a 2.5x toughness multiplier, not to mention an extra legendary gem slot and can use the Focus and Restraint rings. Sure, the LoD variant can use some extra fire damage from wearing Swamp Land Waders, Magefist, and Cindercoat, but these no where near match the power of UE.

Now, comparing to a different class like Wizard, we find that the class has several LoD variants since some of their sets’ multipliers aren’t as strong. For example, builds centered around the Delsere’s Magnum Opus set can be modified for LoD with better results in general. The set bonus for DMO only provides an 85x damage multiplier.

Back to DH, we have the Natalya’s set which provides a solid 141x damage boost to all skills and can be used with pretty much all items that boost any particular skills (e.g. Yang’s + DML for Multishot).

But what does this mean exactly? That the item multipliers are too weak?
Correct me if i’m wrong, but i thought for example that the dmg multiplier you get from Yang’s and DML combined would be x(1+200/100)*(1+200/100)=x9, which is even bigger than that of cirri (x7). If that’s true, then the real Problem is the LoD itself. Am i missing something?

The issue is that other classes have supporting legendaries (which would go into slots normally taken by the set armour pieces) which boost damage multipliers much higher, resulting in the difference between set builds and LoD builds being less significant, or even the LoD variant being superior.

I see, that makes sense. Thx for clarifying

He meant the global set damage modifier for Natalya’s (141x) is stronger than LoD (98.5x). Plus Natalya’s can benefit from other set damage modifiers like F&R/EW/CC3/A3.

The only standout skill for LoD is Rapid Fire, which benefits from the LoD’s tankiness and PE snapshotting, which Natalya’s RF just can’t do.

The next in line would be:

• LoN Hungering Arrow
  • LoD FoK

You could theoretically run LoD HA and Rapid Fire together, but why would anyone do that craziness?

Sounds like a challenge to me :slight_smile: