Can legit players hit gr150?

Yes it is possible if you do all of the altar, get all ancients at the least and imbue your gear.

Look at the builds on the leaderboards for your chosen class if 150 is your goal and their gear setups.

5.15 was my best. Stacked a power and speed pylon. It’s actually 5 12 I just checked. On Xbox and only number 56 .Average is 7 to 8 mins at 3100. Under 6 mins very rare. I use comet with diamond skin, unwavering will and deflection and pretty much stand in oculus rings and face tank. 149 more efficient for paragon and gem leveling for sure but I don’t like fishing so go for best times as maps naturally occur. Hate wasting keys

My day is 24 hours long how long is you day? I don’t have more time. If I can do a 150 so can you.

Sorry. Sometimes I become a bully when I’m defensive.

i did it with a crusader on hardcore 2.2k paragon

Wow that’s impressive. Akkan condem ?

Nova is so strong this season I was pretty quickly climbing the ranks as I got better loot. I stalled around GR140 then switched to getting my Wiz going, but in the meantime was doing 4min 120s or so. I’d focus on upgrading rares and gambling shards to get all ancient pieces for augments. Nova can definitely go high very fast, though not as easily as Wiz. P1350 or so currently.

EDIT: I’d do 130s in 4mins too if the RG weren’t so bad for Nova. Ridiculous damage in density though.

1 Like

I think I will never get to 130. Getting paragon is already too slow. 1300+ currently which is my highest in one season if I remember correctly.

1 Like

Switch to Wiz. You’ll get there in no time at all. Or play Marauder if you aren’t already.

I’m a working father, done my first successful GR150 completion on Tal Rasha Wiz @ around P1500 (10/12 items ancient with a 125 augment slapped on).
I’m 99% solo - did some powerlevels to others (and have one GR90 in duos due to powerleveling that player), and of course group (public) bounties.
I’m at P2700 now, averaging 4 hours a day (mainly doing GR129 speeds - 2.5-3.5 minutes - Monk for keys and bounties). Also around P1300 in HC, but didn’t really push (was playing a HC event at start of season).
My main is on EU. My NA toon is just collecting CR caches, for now.

This is my “main Wiz” in Speed GR gear, for GR150 I switch to Arcane:

https://eu.diablo3.blizzard.com/en-us/profile/MadTom-2218/hero/20283916

Yes and without too much effort. Never used any cheat or exploit in D3, and never grouped up with others to farm paragons, apart from some bounties here and there. I’ve cleared 150 a couple of days ago and I know there are active players in the forums who are a lot better than me. Pick an S - tier build, and with some decent items and an average amount of paragons, you will nail it if you know the build you are playing. I will actually try to clear GR150 with the other classes later this season (probably Raekor, Tragoul, and Marauder). My clear was with Tal Rasha, cold variant, and around 20k main stat.

My wizard is stuck at 124 with mostly bad gear. Can’t really play it because I have to keep swapping profiles on my controller because I need 0% vibrations on wizard. My arms are still shaking from first week of season. I don’t have any Marauder gear and I need to get second ancient WoC and augment it too which is easier said than done. I salvaged all Mara’s after I did GR for conquest. I have salvaged all ancient pieces I have found and couple of primals too.
I do have primal Yang’s (needs reroll, then it’s exactly same as my crafted one + discipline) and Bombardier’s (which I got yesterday).

Also, as for the time you can afford to spend, it’s up to you how efficiently you play.

Farm keys with a fast build, like GoD, UE, Hydras, etc. (Personally I use GoD). You can clear a Neph T16 rift even in less than a minute. If you have limited time, you want to be done with Neph Rifts as fast possible, cause they do not provide lots of experience.

It’s easy to make a second, third, and fourth character and power-level them yourself. Do GR after GR. Again, many of the top S and A tier builds have also very efficient solo exp farming versions. I use Frenzy Barb to farm GR125 and Tal Wiz to farm GR135 in 3 minutes, maybe less if the map is good. Pushing and farming can be done with the same build in many occasions, just by replacing a gem and a cube item. Pick whatever build suits you and feel comfortable to play, but at least, for the current season, aim for something that can clear GR120+ in 3 minutes or so. Augment your ancient pieces to be as strong as you can. You will be constantly finding petrified screams for other augments later. Get your legendary gems to a high level. You can do the 1% too.

Do not take your foot off the pedal. If you have 2 hours to play, use that time smartly. Spend more time in GRs and less time in the town.

1 Like

Some players will never clear 150 solo as they are just not good enough to do it, nor have the patience to look for the perfect rift. Considering you started your rant by pointing out “legit” players tells me you probably won’t ever clear 150 either.

Full disclosure: I have never cleared a 150 either.

3 Likes

I just cleared a GR130 with a new Necro Nova (Not in 5mins :stuck_out_tongue:) with less 1300 paragons and 3 ancient items, so yes, clear a 150 is doable.

Took me around 20 hs on day 2, totally doable.

1 Like

I’ve had 4 friends so far hit gr150 with less than 1800 paragon. 3 of them did on both SC and HC with under 1500 paragon, so definitely doable. The 3 who did it on both SC and HC used Wiz. The other friend did it on a necro.

Might want to check a guide or copy a LB necro/dh. I have been cruising my Marauders DH with 3 minute 120s, 4 minutes if I bump it to 125. My necro friend joined and we were doing smooth 4 minute 130s.

With the altar buff, you should not be running in the 90s unless you have less than 300 paragon and no ancient pieces.

Yes absolutely… We as a casual player could win GR 150 this season, finally!
I’m at paragon 1500 and hit GR 145 play Meteor Wizard. If the lags were a bit managable, then I’m sure will kill it before paragon 2000.
Watch Raxx or Wudi or Rhyker video from Maxroll then you’ll be on right track.

2 Likes

yes, a lot of fishing and try’s, but it was my first clear ever (i studied a lot how to clear grs and was really hard).

Rage did 150 reakor with 1000 paragons. He doesn’t even use the numlock trick.

I got to a 143 on my alt in around 10 minutes with tal rasha before making a toon on my main acct (my “alt” is actually my kid’s acct. I level him up to make him want to play with me hehehe). now I’m trying to get a 150 with tal rasha with as little paragon as possible. I’m currently at around 1k para and cleared a 137 thereabouts without really trying.

the main thing to do when going for these high clears is to fish for an S-tier map with a decent mob type. you should settle for nothing less than a festering woods, a battlefields or a weeping willow (I think is the name of the other S-tier one? the new act-1 tileset that got recently added). I suppose you could try at a cemetery but I personally find it hard to herd the mobs around there. there’s a desert map that’s also nice. the old one, not stinging winds, that map is too large and you lose too much time building density.

mob types are a little trickier… I could mention some, armored destroyers, fat guys, slashers, small spiders, some of the summoning types (expect shamans), but in the end, you have to “read the room” and see if the particular combination of mobs you got will help you or not. experience with the game is your best ally here, more than going on an expedition on youtube or some other resource - I found over time I could tell whether a particular mob type would be beneficial to my clear or not much better by just playing the game and trying to recall past battles against the same type. it gets easier the more you play.

good luck and happy hunting!

1 Like