Can I cast devour and bone spear at the same time?

I’m playing necro with pest set. During Land of the Dead I hold down the devour key to fire off Corpse Lances everywhere.

My question is, if I also cast bone spear at the same time, am I interupting the devour and getting fewer lances? Seems like I am, but with bits of bone flying everywhere, it’s hard to tell.

I know I can use devour aura and bone spear together, but then I miss out on healing from canibalize. Maybe I don’t need that healing though - I’ll test later.

if you’re kinda new then watch this

if you’re not new and literally questioning the technical mechanics, yes it interrupts, some attack speed helps.

Thanks. I wasn’t sure if the NumLock thing was considered as an exploit so I’m not going to post on here whether or not I’ve been using it.

Thanks for answering about whether they clash.

Your point about attack speed got me thinking. Is Devour Aura affected by attack speed? i.e During Land of the Dead, do I get the same number of corpse lances with the devour aura as spamming devour?

yes
i think you consume about 8-12 corpses per cast during land of the dead, and attack speed increases the speed at which you cast. you’d have to check https://d3.maxroll.gg/ to see what the breakpoints for attack speed are. Specifically the D3planner.

i’m pretty sure attack speed roll on your one hand weapon is enough attack speed, you don’t need much.

k i found it.

enough Attack Speed to reach the 1.72 break point

So I tested devour aura last night and it definitely produces less DPS than spamming devour. I think it may be to do with the range. Devour consumes corpses within 60 feet, but the aura only covers 15 feet radius, which is 16 times smaller area!

aura is generally used with Avarice Band. Though i wouldnt ever use Aura when you can just numlock devour. Aura of Frailty is the one to go with, synergizes well with trag’oul scythe. Also the other devour corpse runes are too good to give up for aura.