Can´t get into games

after i installed the new update to the client i’m not able to play (i played 6 hours ago and it was fine) i’m getting error 30002 and 30006…

2 Likes

Hi,

Just want to confirm this is for Diablo III… is it ?

What server are you playing on ? Your web profile shows that you only have heroes on Americas… but the web profile is not always up-to-date.

There are 3 servers for Americas… one in the US, one in South America and one in Australia… do you know which one you are connecting to. By default, it would be the closest to you, but that can be overriden.

1 Like

hi!, yes, Diablo 3, i´´m playing in americas, it was fine a couple hour ago.

which server ? US, South America or Australia ?

when we had that error code in Oct 2020, the solution for affected players was to change server. I would like to see if that solution still works or if the issue is different. So I need to know what server you connect to.

1 Like

sorry for being such a noob, i only see 3 options, americas, asia and europe, i don’t know where to see if it is south america (i’m from Chile, so i apologize for my bad english)

If you are in Chile, then you probably connect to the South America server since it is the closest. I think it’s near Sao Paulo, in Brazil, but I’m not sure.

So… I’d like you to connect instead to the US server to see if that solves the issue for you.
This is how you do this:

• On the Battle.Net App, to the right of the Play button, click the toothed wheel (Options) and click on Game Settings
  • Select (put an :white_check_mark: in) the box for “Additional command line arguments”
  • In the new box that appears, type “OnlineService.Matchmaking.ServerPool=Default” and click Done.

Try launching the game now.

2 Likes

I’m from SA too and having the same problem, already know that solution, already tried it, it does let you play the game or create games specificaly, but after a while I get randomly disconnected with error: 1016

Yes… I suspect lag will also be pretty bad… plus it is “prime time” now in the US… many people online. Depending on the route your data takes, you will get slow downs. Changing servers is only a short term workaround… it is not a fix. The fix will have to come from Blizzard.

I will give you also the code for Australia… perhaps there is less traffic there.
Try : “OnlineService.Matchmaking.ServerPool=AU1” (without the quotes)
You could try it and see what the connection is like.

Hopefully, Blizzard can repair the SA server.

Good luck

1 Like

Yes! It worked! Gracias amigo!

1 Like

ok - good… Remember this is only a temporary fix… (read the post just above yours)

Depending on your connection, you may have a lot of lag.

ALSO, you will need to remove that check mark that you put in to go back to your usual server – once it has been fixed.

Best of luck in your games !

2 Likes

Blizzard ES is aware of the issue… and recommending that affected players switch to US server. See Error 30002 al iniciar partida - #19 de Sklinkorious - Soporte técnico - Diablo 3 Forums

There is also a topic on the America Portuguese forum with the solution here: Diablo apresentando erro 30002 - nº 15 de Ktorz-1487 - Suporte Técnico - Diablo 3 Forums … but no input from Blizzard yet.

1 Like

Was having the same problem and this solved it!! Thanks a lot!!

1 Like

All right! Me too! 30002!

Still getting error 30002…wtf is going on with the SA server ? I dont want to play in US server with 100000 ping, please FIX IT Blizzard.

And another bug that has not fixed yet is the rankings not updating correctly (I dont get an update since earl may, more than 1 month !!)

Error 30002 here as well. Trying the solution posted results in horrible lag. :frowning:

Yes, because by default you’ll connect to the closest server to your world location. The posted work-around to the South American server being broken is to force connection to the USA server instead which, as it’s much further away, will have worse latency / lag. It’s just a work-around until they fix the South American server, not a solution.

2 Likes

Hi:

Just to wrap things up… looks like the SA server is back online. I was able to log into D3 and launch a new game on that server.

If you are in SA and have modified your Settings to force the use of the NA server, simply remove the tick mark in the “additional command line arguments” and that should allow you to access the SA server once more.

Cheers !

2 Likes