Caldesann's Despair absorbs Legendary gem without giving stats!

Hello, while doing Caldesann’s Despair I lost my level 110 Gem of Ease, because I apparently didn’t click properly on my Dexterity gem. Since only my Ancient armor and Gem of Ease was in there when I clicked Transmute, the Gem of Ease was absorbed into nothing. I would like that gem back. I admit it’s my fault not making sure my Dexterity gems was in there, but I should not be able to transmute, since all the demands for the recipe was not met.
Reporting this to Blizzard and their 3 suggested helps were:

• Report account hacked
  • Report Blizzard Gear Store Transaction Lost
  • Install Warcraft 3

What? I am reporting a problem about an in-game issue in Diablo 3, but apparently I need to install Warcraft 3 for my Caldesann to work?

Page 5 in Kanai’s Cube.

You met that requirement.

Because of this, some players say not to use Gem of Ease for augments, as it could lead to mistake like you made.

Also, as you admitted, not only was this your fault, D3 team doesn’t revert back whatever action, damage that was caused. Bug report is to prevent future bug interaction.

3 Likes

While I do agree, I was certain that you could only transmute the recipe for which recipe page you were on. Guess that was a lie I was told long ago. And yes, this is the last time I will use Gem of Ease as my farming Caldesann gem. Man this is a downer.

This is covered in the stickied thread at the top of the forum…

2 Likes

When I encounter what I believe is a problem/bug, I do a proper search before reporting this anywhere. I used the search function on this forum, on google and on Reddit. This forum only shows threads where the searched term is in the title, hence this thread did not pop up. But thanks for linking it, I can see Gem of Ease and myself sucks. :slight_smile:

The only recipes that require you to be on the same page are they ones where you have to use the “Fill” button.

If you were converting gems, for example, you do not need to open the recipe book at all. Same for Caldessans.

Before they moved the materials to the Crafting mats tab, there was no “Fill” button, and you didn’t need to use the recipe book at all. It was just there for reference.

1 Like

… in addition, if it is true, then transmuting Puzzle ring, and Bovine Bardiche won’t be possible. There are not recipes for them.

3 Likes