Cain's Destiny on Follower

The Cain’s Destiny on my follower is not dropping more than 3 greater rift keystones each time. There is supposed to be a 25% chance for an extra one to drop each time a keystone drops. Sometimes I dismiss the follower and rehire her, and then 5 will drop, but then it goes back to 3 each time afterwards. :confused: Am I just unlucky???

Hi:

One possible explanation is that your enchantress is not wearing the “cannot die” focus (“Smoking Thurible”)… as a consequence, if she is dead when you kill the rift guardian, Cain’s Destiny will not proc… since your enchantress is not really in-game.

That being said… my templar is wearing the cannot die relic and I do get only 3 keystones once in a while… even while playing T16.

Best of luck in your games !

3 Likes

Per the above. If the follower is DEAD. All of the items that emanate will stop working (including the set bonuses). So if your follower is dead at the time the RG dies, the cain’s bonus will not apply.
And its 25% chance so RNG comes into play too.

1 Like

Just to add to this, if you are running a speed build, and the RG or elites die offscreen, Cains and Sages will not trigger if you are too far away.

1 Like

Just a short note to say that @Barbie has now replaced the original Focus with the “Follower cannot die” one… hopefully, that should be the end of the issue.

And, because one should celebrate good RNG when it happens… about 25 minutes ago… :

3 Likes

Sweet. Thats what a 0.2% chance to happening. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes