Cain Does not ID items in Horadric Cube

• Issue: Deckard Cain does NOT ID items that are in the Horradric Cube.
  • Platform: PC
  • Software Build: Open Beta
  • Expected Behavior: Deckard Cain IDs items that are in the Horadric Cube when IDing all items.
  • Source: Blizzard Arreat Summit Website The Arreat Summit - Items: The Horadric Cube

Items will be Identified by Cain while inside the Horadric Cube.

• Comments: Tested with multiple types of items in the cube so it is not specific to one item type or another. The “ID all function” just seems to incorrectly exclude anything in the Cube.
3 Likes

Yes, I was thinking that was normal because the last time I played d2 was a couple years ago. So before the open beta, because on early access beta had the same issue. I played LoD at thursday and worked like the website says, cain would identify the gear on horadric cube.

Yeah, it is not you that could not remember. I double checked it when testing today to see if my memory was right. That is why I included the source info in the Blizzard Arreat Summit site. Just to make it easy for QA to write up and reference.

1 Like

I was also annoyed by this and submitted it as a bug in game. I was slightly worried I was not remembering correctly though so happy to see your post with all the traceability!

1 Like

Thank you for this post. I intended to report this, too, but was not sure how it worked in the original. With your link to the source, I join this feedback. +1 :+1:

1 Like