Buying Diablo 3 multiple times

Hi,
I had bought D3 reaper of souls as soon as it was released on XBOX 360. 2 years later I had bought XBOX one, so had to buy the same game again for XBOX one.
Also bought the nacromancer expansion from XBOX store.
Many of my friends have now started playing on PC, however, that means that I have to buy the same game YET AGAIN. Comeon, forcing me to buy same game 3 times is not justified for Blizzard.
Is there any way Blizzard can my XBOX details and transfer the same license to PC ?

Thanks for help.

There is no cross platform feature.
So you cant import/export your save, progression, license, etc among those machines.

It is no different than buying a movie on VHS, then DVD, then Blu ray.

You still own the game on XB360 and XBone. You can still play them, so why would you expect a free game? You can always try selling the other two games in order to finance the purchase on PC.

1 Like

Blizzard has not ā€˜forcedā€™ you to change your gaming platforms - that is 100% on you. They owe you nothing, but they do thank you for you business.

1 Like

Thatā€™s just the nature of the beast. If you only want to buy one copy of a game and be able to play the majority of future games without buying a new console every few years, get a PC.

Timberwolf, I know what you are saying, and you are right, Blizzard wants to grab money for all your devices. But I think you are using the wrong metaphor. Rather than using the 20 year old VHS/DVD metaphor, I think a more modern metaphor would be that Microsoft allows you to use Windows on multiple devices, Apps are usable on multiple devices, you can stream programs and TV to multiple devices. We are becoming a multiple device world. I think that is what Bale is saying.
My understanding of why you canā€™t transfer XBOX Diablo to PC is that the games are actually programmed differently. Buttons and items and stashes and bounties, etc work differently on the different devices because of memory concerns.

The game I play the most is Gears of War 4.
I bought it once from Xbox store and it allowed me download and play on PC as well.
In fact, I login from my PC while my wife plays on Xbox at the same time, in a group.
There are multiple games which are part of Xbox play Anywhere
Iā€™m not asking for a ā€œFree gameā€, just asking Blizzard to do what is soon becoming a practice on Xbox.

3 Likes

Youā€™re comparing two very different concepts. VHS to DVD then to Blu ray are all upgs from one another. He isnā€™t asking for a remastered game for free based on the fact he owns the original game. I can buy a DVD or Blue Ray movie and watch them on a pc or ps4 or xbox360 or xbox one and I would have only paid for one copy of the movie. The fact blizzard doesnā€™t allow the same game key to be used on different platforms is a huge ripoff and people who want to switch gaming platforms become discouraged to do so because they donā€™t want to reinvest hundreds of dollars into games they already own. Itā€™s honestly just corporate greed and its disrespectful to the customers.

1 Like

You can still play those games on the original consoles, so how is this being disrespectful? The game is different code on console and PC, therefore they are different games.

1 Like

The Necro lives! You do realize you are replying to a post from a year ago, right?

So are you. So am I. Who cares??

Specifically this

Do not ā€œbumpā€ posts.

The act of posting simply to bump a thread is considered spamming. This also includes bumping old threads for no reason (also called ā€œnecroingā€).

3 Likes

I was replying to a days old post that was replying to a post made a year before. You are replying to a post I made 2 years ago. Not the same thing at all.

Apparently you do.

1 Like

Hello. i want to know if the diablo 3 starter edition here on blizzardā€™s platform worths it. Apparently here everybody on the forum have played it and i am downloading it now. The starter edition is a short demo or you can play for whole days? Please respond. I want to see something different from the diablo franchise than the diablo immortal which i am currently playin for the last 12- 13 days and it is huge. I have two characters, one female crusader paragon level 3 and on male wizard level 44.

Most will tell you Diablo 3 is leagues better than Diablo Immortal, No constant annoying pop-ups, loot is way better, and there is a lot more of it. More importantly you can change the difficulty to make the game harder, but get more money, better and even more loot, and unique enemies, who will give you a challenge, and really good loot Basically a lot more legendaries. or you can drop the difficulty, even make the game so easy a toddler could beat it. Also after i purchased the game and the expansions, i never spent a pennyā€¦ i have hundreds of skins several pets, all kinds of Cosmetics and i earned then either through the expansions(few pets, skins, and cosmetics) through owning other Blizzard games(few pets, skins, and cosmetics) or unlocking them in-game(96%) and i still have more to unlock. also i can Transmog my armor for free. THERE ARE NO PAY TO WIN FEATURES IN THE GAMEā€¦ so yeah I tried Diablo imoortal, but it is soo Pay to win, that i actually gave up(level boosts, season boosts, item drop boosts) and if you wanted to unlock everything in the game you would have to pay over $55,000,000 in US currencyā€¦ and yes that include drop and spin ratesā€¦