Business class/VPN restriction - Requesting a reduction in the duration

I understand why this restriction is in place, to keep the spam bots at bay. With D2:R on it’s way, the majority of players are going to shift over to that game. However there are still going to be players that will stick to playing this version.

Isn’t a two week restriction is a bit harsh? Especially considering the number of people who legitimately use VPNs and business class connections. Getting hammered with a two week restriction is a big slap in the face to legitimate players. Why not group this restriction period with the others which are up to 72 hours?

I’ve seen reps say “they have no control on the duration”. Sure, I understand that customer representatives don’t have control, but the developers do, after all they are the ones who implemented this resolution.

Also, add a bit more transparency on why the restriction occurred. “You were disconnected from Battle.net” isn’t enough information on what is going on. When someone is restricted, send an automated email to the email registered with the Blizzard account noting why the restriction happened, the duration, and guidelines to avoid future restrictions.

Please make this happen.

4 Likes

I agree with everything :slight_smile: If they can improve the old battle.net why not. It would be a second team or side team they would assign. I guess it’s whether or not they think it adds value.

Too many tabs I keep mixing up which forum I’m looking at :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Something which we may not have an insight to are the number of VPNs which are used by item stores which may be involved in criminal activites to the casual botters making a few fake currency coin on that other site. As there are legitimate concerns of the exploitation of online games for funding criminal activities, I can understand Blizzard’s as well as any game developer’s security measures.

I wholeheartedly support MissCheetah’s idea on how to limit a legit player’s experience of disruption due to normal VPN use. And, from what has been shared by mods/MVPs, DII:R will not be host to such disruptions as it will be hosted on a different server network and employing a new connection methodology. It may not be perfect right out of the box, yet we may see a drastic improvement in our DII:R gaming experiences. The legacy games DII Classic and LOD will remain as is. Which translates to legit players may need to adapt to the numerous idiosyncrasies of the legacy games, so as to have fun with family, friends, and for solo play.

“Telling people up front so they can turn the VPN off is reasonable. You know, actual communication. For now, a great solution is to ensure people read the Support article before downloading and installing, or re-installing. That gives them a heads up to avoid issues.”
MissCheetah

:alien: :dolphin:

Addendum: Faulty, your avatar looks exactly like me before my first coffee. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

Yup I both look and feel like that before my first coffee as well, sometimes it stays that way all day but not always.

1 Like