Build to Make use of S20 Buff?

This season buff seems cool at first glance but I realized that most of the builds in the game have been balanced to utilize every slot. There arn’t many items that compete for the same slots in builds…that I can recall.

What builds do you think will be better as a result of the S20 Buff?

s20 will be all about necro. I guess that’s current season’s gift to necros from the devs so necros are busy playing rather than complaining

2 Likes

can you elaborate on why it’ll be all about necro?

1 Like

thanks, that’s that kind of thing i was looking for.

That’s just one thing really. Necros have the best items and weapons in the game, the variety of meta builds they’ll have this season is actually crazy.

anything other than necro or zdps that can benefit rather well? never bought necro.

I’ve been playing around with monk SWK Crimson WoL. Incense Torch, Rabid, crystal fist in cube. The Rabid pretty much gives you double damage, and crystal fist replaces that “forced” dmg reduction from unity for solo play so that you can survive better in groups. But if you have a support helping you stay alive you can switch out crystal fist for another legendary power that increases your damage.

I’m not really good at math so idk if its better than LoD WoL tho. I do notice that because of the crimson I have no issue with spirit whereas LoD I notice that if you hold down WoL too long you need to wait for spirit to get back up.

Would love to hear what others are coming up with.

1 Like

No, that’s the problem. The devs did not think of all the other classes this season, very disappointing…

I think it was already clarified. S20 buff is for having fun builds for T1-13 max.
The only way would be 4th slot were you can pick any power, but that needs UI designer, and we all can assume on D3 is working 1-2 people max, that can play with numbers in text editor only :smiley:

There’s a couple other builds that’ll shine… People just aren’t finding them yet because they’re too busy trying to use conventional builds and conventional cube… I made one that swims through GRs, but I’m waiting for season to expose it :slight_smile:

One of the things I was noticing is that any build that has to make a decision between legendary weapons and Istivan set can now just wear the set and cube the other weapons. I know there are more but the one build I’m familiar with in this case is Seismic Slam build with Might of the earth. I think Raekors also uses Istivan but not sure what they would cube instead since it already gets Gavel.

I think there is probably a monk build too.

I started messing about with a modified Arachyr Firebats and it’s pretty fun with the new RoE and cube Options. ( I know it won’t beat SB).

Season Buff Cube: Wormwood, Hive , Chiroptera
Weapon slots: Soul Harvest/Thing of the deep for GF GI
Jewelry: RoE/RoRG/Hellfire with Confidence Ritual
Armour: Arachyr’s Set (5 pc) /Lakumba’s/Bakuli/Mantle of Channeling
Gems: Taeguk/Trapped/Stricken
Skill Focus: Fire bonuses

May I ask which cube slot will you give up to insert Fjord Cutter to the cube?
I brainstormed for an idea to add Remorseless and use IB for IK HotA (since IK will be the next season’s Haedrig Gift for Barb) but options that we came up with doens’t seem good enough for the slot I gave up.

Agreed. Rathma’s or Inarius with any combinations of Rilena’s, Trags, Bone Scythe, Nayr’s, Messcherschmidt and The Furnace with LotD will have ridiculous damage.