Bug with the updated teleport animation: you get an extra teleport you shouldn't with a certain item/rune combination

So when doing some testing with the updated Teleport animation, I noticed something peculiar: with a particular item/rune combination, you can get an extra teleport that you shouldn’t (and didn’t prior to 2.7.0).

I can reproduce it reliably with Aether Walker + Cosmic Strand + the Calamity rune. I didn’t notice it with other runes, it might be specific to Calamity? It also seems to be latency sensitive, you don’t get the third teleport every time. I can get it quite reliably by holding down the teleport button (instead of mashing it) though.

Expected behaviour (and behaviour prior to 2.7.0):

1. Wormhole gives two teleports
  2. Aether Walker + Wormhole gives two teleports, the first one cost resource and the second is free.
  3. Aether Walker + Cosmic Strand + Calamity gives two teleports, first one costs resource and the second is free. Both get the Calamity effect (low damage wave).

Behaviour after Teleport change in 2.7.0:

1. Wormhole gives two teleports (expected).
  2. Aether Walker + Wormhole gives two teleports, the first one costs resource and the second is free (expected).
  3. Aether Walker + Wormhole + Calamity rune gives three teleports, the first two cost resource and the third is free. Unexpected!

Here’s a string of screenshots that hopefully help illustrate the bug. I have the frame before and after each teleport (so there’s 6 shots total).

1: before first teleport

2: after first teleport (resource consumed)

3: before second teleport

4: after second teleport (resource consumed again)

5: before third teleport

6: after third teleport (free teleport from Wormhole, no resource consumed, cooldown starts)

6 Likes

I have had extra teleports with safe passage rune also. This has happened during regular GR runs with firebird - when holding teleport key a little too long, it somehow teleports twice (not expected) like wormhole rune (expected).
I don’t know how to reproduce reliably, this doesn’t happen very often to me.

Can confirm that there’s something wrong with Teleport’s Calamity rune. It’s actually easier for me to reproduce the bug without Aether Walker.

What I did:

1. Equip Cosmic Strand.
  2. Use the Calamity rune on Teleport.
  3. Hold down the Teleport key.
  4. Bug happens: You get three teleports instead of two.
1 Like