Bug: Haunt: Draining Spirit & Sheet Mana Regeneration

The 12 Mana Per Second does not get calculated into Mana Regeneration/Per Second on the stat sheet. With Draining Spirit and Rush of Essence Passive we should see an increase of 22 Mana Per Second on the initial cast of Haunt: Draining Spirit.

This has an impact on the new Spirit Barrage set “Mundunugu’s Regalia”

Edit 1: Locust Swarm: Devouring Swarm is similar to Haunt: Draining Spirit; however, Devouring Swarm’s mana regen does show up on the character sheet.

1 Like

So, did you even bother to test the skills? They work fine.

Wow, straight to the hostilities…

Yes, of course I did.

While Haunt: Draining Spirit does indeed regen mana, it does not; however, reflect that Mana Regeneration on the Details page of the Character Sheet.

Haunt: Draining Spirit - The spirit returns 12 mana per second.

With a single haunt and the RoE passive, we should see 22 mana per second added to our Mana Regeneration on the Details page (10 from RoE and 12 from Draining Spirit). We do see the 10 regen added but not the 12.

There are a lot of things that are not reflected on the character sheet. That is why it is not paid much attention to.

Also, there is a difference in how those two skills work, so it is not at all surprising that they don’t necessarily show up on the character sheet. As you yourself admit, the skills work as described, so why does it matter if it shows up on the character sheet?

In fact, I can’t think of any resource generating attacks that show up on the character sheet.

1 Like

It matters because the new set “Mundunugu’s Regalia” works off of sheet mana regen. The more mana regen shown on the sheet, the more damage you do. So it is a relevant question to know if this is a bug.

To your point about not knowing of any resource generating attacks that show up on the character sheet…Locust Swarm: Devouring Swarm does. Just double checked.

Compare the two descriptions of Devouring Swarm and Draining Spirit.

Devouring Swarm

Gain 25 Mana a second while the first enemy hit by a Locust Swarm cast is still affected by that swarm.

Devouring Swarm increases YOUR mana generation rate. No doubt with it.

Draining Spirit

The spirit returns 12 Mana per second.
Haunt’s damage turns into Physical.

Draining Spirit doesn’t increase YOUR mana generation rate. The mana is given by the SPIRIT. You don’t generate these mana yourself. Therefore, it doesn’t increase the sheet number.

The mechanics of these two skills are different.

Work as intended. Not a bug.

1 Like

And that’s the point. This is not a help forum. Your questions should be asked in another forum. If other players help you determine you have a bug, then you can post a Bug Report in this forum.

That’s what TimberWolf was trying to tell you. There were no hostilities. And Maskraider provided a detail explanation to your question.

For future reference:

Please read:

Thank you.

Hrm, ok, I can see how the wording can lead to the result. Thanks for pointing that out instead of trying to be a white knight of the forums like some others here.

@Perusoe

I wasn’t asking for help. I was stating that this situation looks like a bug but possibly it is intended which Maskraider kindly pointed out the wording difference instead of being an absolute jerk. Thanks for quoting the rules…because apparently I didn’t read those. I wasn’t providing feedback, class balance suggestions, or boss suggestions, etc. Something looked like a display bug and I posted it here. Please come down from your ivory tower.

And no, I don’t need other players to form a bug council in other forums to determine if I can post a bug report. For your information, this was discussed for a long time on Bluddshed’s stream and many in the chat thought that it was a possible display bug.

I am not sure why you wasted your time to try to point out the fact that I may be wrong for posting here, as you don’t work for Blizzard, other than to pump your own e-peen. Good day sir/ma’am and good luck.

2 Likes